Français

TAX RETURN REJECTED BY THE GOVERNMENT. Unable to access the internet. This may be due to a fire wall or a virus protection program

abbry

TAX RETURN REJECTED BY THE GOVERNMENT.

Unable to access the internet. This may be due to a fire wall or a 

virus protection program. Unable to continue.

I am using freshly installed WindowsXP with service pack 3. no antivirus program nor firewall. Just to make sure I also disabled firewall in my router to see if that made any difference. I am still getting the same message.

If you are using Windows XP, you will need to enable TLS 1.0 encryption. Here are the steps to do so:

• Launch Internet Explorer and click on the Tools Menu.
  • Select Internet Options.
  • Select the Advanced tab.
  • Scroll to the bottom (Security section).
  • You should see a list of SSL protocols supported by Internet Explorer. Ensure that TLS 1.0 is checked.

• 3 weeks later...

I have same problem. First got Soap toolkit error. Followed removal instructions, reinstalled, now get unable to connect error, checked TLS 1.0 encription (enabled), uninstalled program, reinstalled program, checked for updates (none needed), still can't connect!

I too had my NetFile stopped because UFile could not locate SOAP, although that was installed more than a month ago in Windows 8.1 64 bit. Note that there is a Microsoft SOAP installed (MSSOAP) also. So I dutifully downloaded the two files necessary to correct UFile's problems. The two files were SOAP 3.0 ToolKit.msi and MSXML4SP2.msi. After deleting what was installed, I then re-installed SOAP 3.0 again.

When I tried to re-send my tax file which was supposed to have been stopped, I was notified that the government already had my file and gave me a confirmation number -- not within the UFile program -- but a simple text file along with the preceding information.

Ufile needs to get their act together. They have been using SOAP for years and also doing NetFile too. So why do people get these problems?

I also cannot Netfile from Windows XP SP3. I get error message: "Unable to access the internet. This may be due to a firewall or virus protection program. Unable to continue." Web browser and other internet access is working fine. I reinstalled SOAP 3.0 (two different packages) and MSXML4SP2 as per support forum posts. I stopped my firewall/virus (ZoneAlarm and Windows Firewall). I verified IE8 TLS1.0 encryption was selected. None of these actions have resolved the problem.

Is this problem going to be fixed before the filing deadline, or do I need to print a paper return?

(Why did CRA eliminate manual .TAX file uploading? Never failed me in the past!)

Also, I tried reporting this using the Support Contact Form and received:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

If you are using Windows XP, you will need to enable TLS 1.0 encryption. Here are the steps to do so:

• Launch Internet Explorer and click on the Tools Menu.
  • Select Internet Options.
  • Select the Advanced tab.
  • Scroll to the bottom (Security section).
  • You should see a list of SSL protocols supported by Internet Explorer. Ensure that TLS 1.0 is checked.

this advice does not work!

I have the same problem.  It's really interesting (and unfortunate) that no one from UFile has stepped up to actually address this problem for their userbase.  If someone from UFile could respond to this thread with the correct course of action, so that we can file online it'd be appreciated.  (There's obviously an expectation & a promise that we can file online).

The reason you are having problems could be because a firewall is present and is blocking the application from communicating with our server to receive the update. If you are running a software firewall, please temporarily disable it or configure it appropriately. Depending on your firewall, you may need to allow "UFile" or "secure.drtax.ca".

If you continue to experience problems downloading the latest update, please proceed as follows:

1. Completely close the application.

2. Download the latest version (which includes all updates) at:

http://downloads.drtax.ca/ufile/UF2014EGYH34UFGHYA23WHUS4/UFile2014.exe

3. Save it to your Desktop.

4. Double-click the file you downloaded. When asked to "Repair" or "Remove", select "Remove".

5. Double-click the file you downloaded a second time.

6. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.

NOTE: If you choose the second method, the firewall issue will still exist. However, you will have the latest version. Do not check for updates. If you are asked by the program to check for updates, do not do it. Instead select the option to continue.