Français

2013 Carryforward files

carlospena

I just Netfiled the 2013 Income Tax using Ufile on-line version and went right to enter 2014 data, but could not find neither my name/data nor any of my family members names/data, so I am wondering how I can get all users and data back, as there are carryforward information from all of us. Thanks

Accounts are not linked from year to year. For example, if you just recently purchased and filed a previous year's return, you will need to login as a new user and create a new account for the current year. You will be able to use the same user ID and password, however in this case the data will not be carried forward.

If you completed a tax return from the current year, the data from this account will be carried forward next year. We carry forward accounts in batch once a year in early January.

Thanks for your reply, but I don't agree with you 100%. I have been using Ufile on-line version for many years, and have always been able to carry forward data from the previous year, automatically to the next year, just by going to the on-line Ufile Website, opening the next year Income Tax, and using the same user ID and password as you mentioned.

This is the 1st time that I have had to create all users again, without of course, any data being carried forward, which is something I don't understand, and I don't thing Ufille has changed this great functionality overnight.

In order to have the carry forward information available in the account, you must have used the UFile ONLINE last years to *"prepare and complete" the return(s) before mid-January AND you must be using the same account.UFile automatically carry's forward your information for you. UFile completes this process once a year for the previous year ONLY. To access this information, you must sign into the account under the current tax year using the same username and password used in the previous year.

To *"prepare and complete" a return using UFile ONLINE requires entering in the data information in the file to complete the calculation to generate the return AND to have made any necessary payments on the account. This process NEEDS to be completed before mid-January of each year.