• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 FGB

FGB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:27 PM

Does Ufile support auto-fill? If not, when will Ufile introduce this feature?

#2 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:12 AM

Yes UFile will support this service when version 19.12 will be released Mid-March

Auto-fill my return is a secure Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) service that allows you to automatically fill in parts of your tax return.

Take advantage of this new service to save time and access important tax information!
Auto-fill my return is not mandatory.

Note: For more information on how to use CRA's Auto-fill my return service click here.

#3 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

Just to let you know that the feature has already been certified and is included in the version 19.10 that just been released.

However, I would suggest that you wait for the NETFILE opening this coming Monday to try it.

#4 Howitzer

Howitzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

I just tried Auto-Fill with uFile but I've had multiple issues.  Yesterday, when I was trying to download my CRA data and logging into "My account", I go all the way to the CRA website until I was given the following error screen:

error%20Feb%2019th.png?psid=1

I called the CRA and they said it was a problem they are working on but should have it resolved in a short while.

I tried again today and got this error message today:

error%20Feb%2020th.png?psid=1

I'm not sure why it says that "to use this service you must first register as a representative"...?? I am doing my own taxes from "my account"  ??? any ideas anyone?

#5 Moonstarr

Moonstarr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

Having the same problem Howitzer. Has anyone been able to make this feature work?

#6 Howitzer

Howitzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:24 PM

No solution yet... anyone?

#7 can3gxw

can3gxw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

I just got off the phone with CRA discussing this very thing.  She said others have been reporting this and someone will call me back within the next 24-72 hours.

Too bad, I was looking to try this out once I saw it in the software.  I'll be starting to key my T4 information tonight manually I guess.

It's just not ready for prime-time apparently...

#8 CurtisT

CurtisT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:48 PM

I tried a free online tax filing service and they have "Auto-Fill My Return" feature. It is similar to UFILE which connects and authorizes data sent to CRA to be automatically downloaded into your tax return. The Auto-Fill My Return feature on SimpleTax worked great. It even pulled in some tax forms (T4A) that I have not received in the mail yet. It also pulled in RRSP contribution limits, prior year carryforwards, installment payments and UCCB income. The Auto-fill feature is great. Not sure why UFILE feature is not working as other services seem to have figured this out and have it working.

I hope UFILE sorts this out soon.

• maphazard and dummykam like this

#9 arego

arego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:19 PM

When I click on "Download" it open up an Internet Explorer window and tries to go to https://apps4.ams-sg...ram=tdd&lang=en

But nothing loads up.  In one case it left me hanging for 15 mins.  When is this going to be fixed?

#10 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

Would you please tell me what's your browser and operating system?

#11 kcowan

kcowan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:28 AM

Any word on the release of Online Ufile supporting CRA downloads?

#12 lestay

lestay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

Any word on the release of Online Ufile supporting CRA downloads?

I have the same question. I sent an email to ufile but no response. It would be helpful if they would update their web site

#13 lestay

lestay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

UFile, Is AutoFill available in  ONLINE UFile? If not when will be?  please update your website with an estimated date. This is frustrating

#14 lestay

lestay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

I spoke to UFile live ( I know a miracle!)  and they said AutoFill is only availble in Ufile for Windows   and will not be available for UFile online.   This is too bad cause if I switch to windows it doesnt import last years data cause I used online in the past..  I could not get a good answer as to why it will not be available in the online version... although I am not that confident in the person I spoke to at UFile. ANy others have feedback?

#15 lestay

lestay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

I have the same question. I sent an email to ufile but no response. It would be helpful if they would update their web site

I called them and they said it only available for Ufile Windows    .....

#16 joogi

joogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

I called them and they said it only available for Ufile Windows    .....

Actually, you may prefer without using Autofill... lots of issues this year with UFile.

#17 lestay

lestay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 12:59 PM

they replied to my facebook inquiry saying it would be available in a few days for Online Ufile

#18 jamesnay

jamesnay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:59 PM

I can't seem to find the Auto-fill page in the interview to set up this feature. Has anyone else had this problem?

#19 MikiU

MikiU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:11 PM

(1) You cannot have another instance of your browser open ... UFile pops you a message saying that, so close all your browser sessions BEFORE activating autofill.

(2) to autofill successfully you MUST have registered with CRA and have an active account/current password. If you have a spouse (or common law) and file together, both must have CRA registration and the person auto-filling must be the person active in the UFile pairing.

(3) if you have T5008s the autofill will fuck you :angry: up and you will owe thousands, as UFile adds them to your taxable income ... so just delete them.

Otherwise this shit works perfectly ... not as well as certain Panamanian law firms can make it work, but well enough for the 99% :lol:   

#20 eccentricdlite

eccentricdlite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

Has anyone gotten auto-fill to work with Ufile online for the 2016 tax year? I've tried the tips above with all major browsers and it's consistently erroring out for me (bad request 400 error).

#21 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hi,

Would you please tell me what browsers were used?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auto-fill, data entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2013 UFile.ca, Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy