• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AaaZ

AaaZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:52 PM

Carried forward the 2014 file and inputted information for 2015.  Saved it and reviewed and viewed the return. Went back in a few days later and the open existing files showed no entries.  Searched computer and no .u15 file to be found.  Went back into 2015 program and tax counter shows 1 tax return already used.  Trying to get support to respond without much success.  Any ideas?

Been a Ufile user forever.

#2 cystal78

cystal78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:21 AM

I had a similar problem. I did completed my income taxes for me and my spouse. I sent them and got reference numbers. Days later, went back and all info was gone. I use the online version and have so for 15 years. Sent emails but never a reponse. I posted on the forum and the member DENK, took care of my problem and took it to the IT team. I took several days to fix. I guess they had to go through back ups. While i was in my 2014, i changed my email in my account. I think this might of cause a problem. Because after, i logged into my 2015 year and everything had disapeared. Just write to DENK, i'm sure he can help you. Have a great day.

#3 DENK

DENK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hello,

Answered by PM.

If someone else occurs the same issue, please make sure to update your windows 7 to service pack 1. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is a recommended collection of updates and improvements to Windows that are combined into a single installable update. The service pack can help make your computer safer and more reliable. A typical installation will take about 30 minutes to complete, and you will have to restart your computer about halfway through the process.

More information: 

#4 Sandra Lockhart

Sandra Lockhart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:43 AM

What about if you used the Online version and can't find a copy of your return? If you didn't save or print when you efiled it, is it gone now????

#5 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 487 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:23 AM

If you have forgotten your password for the 2010 and later years and you have enabled the reset password feature, please follow these steps:

1. Return to the "Sign in to UFile" page;
2. Click on "Did you forget your password?";
3. Complete the two fields for the user name, as well as for the letters and number appearing in the picture. Click "Next";
4. Enter in the security question answer. Click "Next".

Once you've completed these steps, you will receive an email with the reset information

In the email, you will find a link, your reset PIN and details regarding the available amount of time that you have to change your password before it expires.  Please note that the PIN is not the new password, and that it will only be valid for 4 hours.

1. Click on the link provided to you in the email or paste it into your browser: https://secure.drtax.../pinNumber.aspx
2. Enter in your user name and the PIN you received in the email.
3. Enter in the letters and number in the picture. Click "Next".
4. Enter in your security question answer. Click "Next".
5. Enter in the new password, confirm the password.
6. Click on "Update my password".

You will subsequently receive a confirmation message that your password has been reset.

Once this is done, click "Click here" to return to the "Sign in to UFile" page and enter your user name and newly created  password.

#6 AMarshall

AMarshall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

My Win7 is updated, but I cannot find my .u15 file.

#7 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

Hi AMarshall,

Have you saved you tax file on an external drive before updating your operating system?

If you didn't, You can find it in CRA's "My account".

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/myccnt/menu-eng.html

#8 AMarshall

AMarshall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

I didn't express my situation clearly.  My Win7 was already updated before downloading and using UFile, and I cannot find my .u15 file.

#9 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:19 AM

Hi,

You can use the search box on the Start menu to find files, folders, programs, and e‑mail messages stored on your computer.

To find an item using the Start menu:

• Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then type a word or part of a word in the search box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2013 UFile.ca, Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy