• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sunny_5000

sunny_5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:41 PM

I would like to make an adjustment to the rent.  I need to change line 6110 for Ontario and I am not able to see the possibility anywhere.  When I look under "Line number of the jacket regarding the adjustment" I can't see the line that I need to change.  Does anyone know what I am supposed to do? 

#2 Questions

Questions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:35 AM

I am also not seeing anywhere to enter information for line 6110. For this reason I am unable to submit my return. 

Error Message:

You cannot apply for the 2017 Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC) because you have no entry at any of the following lines : 
- Total amount of rent paid for your principal residence in Ontario for 2016 (ON-BEN line 6110)

The ON BEN application form only shows:   

You elect to receive the 2017 OTB entitlement in one payment in June 2017? (Yes/No)YesNo

Applying for the 2017 Ont. energy and property tax credit (ON-BEN L.6118)YesNo

(Click the ? to see the list of territorial districts in Northern Ontario)

Lived in a principal residence in Northern Ontario on Dec. 31, 2016, and applying for the 2017 NOECYesNo

Applying for the 2017 Ont. senior homeowners' property tax grant (ON-BEN L.6113)YesNo

Amount of your 2016 Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant

Where is line 6110??

#3 sunny_5000

sunny_5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

Newbie, when you enter the amount for your rent it should give you an amount for line 6110.   People who don't make too much money all qualify for Trillium.  (You would not see an amount at that line)   When they add their rent to their income tax their Trillium cheque is higher.  People would get a small monthly cheque as opposed to one cheque in 2017.  Did you pay rent?

#4 Questions

Questions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for the reply but I don't think you got what i was saying. 

I copied and pasted what the error message as to why I can not file my tax return, here is the error message verbatim copied and pasted:

You cannot apply for the 2017 Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC) because you have no entry at any of the following lines : 
- Total amount of rent paid for your principal residence in Ontario for 2016 (ON-BEN line 6110)

When I go to the ON-BEN portion of the application there is no where to enter my rent amount. All there is is the following, this is copied and pasted as well:   

You elect to receive the 2017 OTB entitlement in one payment in June 2017? (Yes/No)YesNo

Applying for the 2017 Ont. energy and property tax credit (ON-BEN L.6118)YesNo

(Click the ? to see the list of territorial districts in Northern Ontario)

Lived in a principal residence in Northern Ontario on Dec. 31, 2016, and applying for the 2017 NOECYesNo

Applying for the 2017 Ont. senior homeowners' property tax grant (ON-BEN L.6113)YesNo

Since there is nothing in this ON-BEN application list about where to enter my rental amount, I am wondering what page of the interview I would enter my rental information. 

#5 sunny_5000

sunny_5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

Sorry about that!  I suggest that you create another topic.  http://community.ufi...porting-income/

You are following an old thread and I'm sure you will get help if you post.  My Ufile in on another computer that is not set up and I would not be able to find it quickly unless I set it up.  Sorry for giving you the wrong answer, I know how frustrating it is.  Hopefully you can find the correct place to post.  You will get help. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2013 UFile.ca, Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy