evenmoreconfused

Ufile 2016 Installs but doesn't run

4 posts in this topic

Normally I would issue this as a support ticket, but I can't see where to do that, so I'm trying here (sorry for the technicalese).

UFile installs without error on the intended PC in our home office, but running it from the menu, the shortcut, or by manually finding the .exe. and clicking it in Exporer, there's just brief disk activity and then nothing -- like it tried running it and failed.

Installing on a supposedly identically-configured machine right next to it works fine, and UFile starts and runs normally.

An examination of the (application) event log reveals two errors, the earlier being (my bolds):

Log Name:      Application

Source:        .NET Runtime

Date:          2017-02-05 12:50:20 PM

Event ID:      1026

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      ************ (FQDN of computer, edited for confidentiality)

Description:

Application: ufile.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

at Modules.WinContext.FileHelper.GetDocumentsFolder()

at Ufile.ViewModel.FileManager..ctor(UFX.Infrastructure.Interfaces.Providers.IFileController)

at Ufile.ViewModel.Startup..ctor()

at Ufile.ViewModel.Startup.get_Instance()

at Ufile.App.Application_DispatcherUnhandledException(System.Object, System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherUnhandledExceptionEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchException(System.Exception)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.CatchExceptionStatic(System.Object, System.Exception)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.CatchException(System.Object, System.Exception, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at Ufile.App.Main()

The second error is an application fault, less than a second later, in KERNELBASE32.dll, It is likely a reflection of the earlier one. Both machines are fully-patched Windows 10 Pro boxes, on a domain, and with folder redirection enabled. Both installs were run logged in as the same domain user, who has admin privileges.

This seems to be a .Net interop issue (which as a developer, I've always hated), but I'm somewhat of a loss as to what to check next.