• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 angelo

angelo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:35 PM

I can not find any way to have netflile let me find line 305 ,, or any way to claim the  "equivalent to spouse" type claim ?

I have seen others also having this problem seems like the ufile program is faulty or will not allow us to make the claim .. it says line 305 but in no way can I bring up that line so I can eneter it please help

or do I need to go to the post office and do my taxes the old way paper and mail it in it must be the only way ?

#2 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

Hello angelo,

Please disregard the answer to your other post...

You may be able to claim this amount if, at any time in the year, you met all of the following conditions at once:

* You do not have a spouse or common-law partner;
* You supported a dependant in 2016; 
* You lived with the dependant in a home that you maintained. You cannot claim this amount for a person who was only visiting you.

In addition, at the time you met the above conditions, the dependant must also have been either.

* Your parent or grandparent by blood relationship, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption; 
* Your child, your grandchildren, brother or sister and she is under18 years of age or has, an impairment in physical or mental functions.

To claim the amount for an eligible dependant, you must first create the dependant's file.To create this file, follow the steps below:

1. On the "Interview" tab, click on "Add dependant" on the line to the right;

2. On the page entitled "Dependant identification", enter the dependant's information. Please note that the lines preceded by a red asterisk are mandatory fields.

3. If the dependant is an adult, you must complete the page
"CRA questions", as well as the "Revenu Québec questions" for residents of Quebec and claim the solidarity tax credit.

4. If you have multiple several dependents, repeat step 1.

Once the dependant's file has been created, and you meet the eligibility criteria (see link below), the program will make the claim for the eligible dependant amount automatically with no additional entries required.

If you have 2 or more children, the program will automatically select the child for whom the eligible dependant amount will be claimed. However, if you want to choose a specific child for this claim, please follow these steps:

1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" of the child's file, located on the left-hand side, click on "Controls".

2. Then, on the page appearing on the right, select "Let MaxBack decide" to the question "Claim this dependant as the eligible dependant on federal Schedule 1 line 305?".

The program will claim the eligible dependant amount on line 305 of Schedule 1 of the Federal return, and line 5816 of your provincial forms (other than Quebec, which does not have an equivalent form).

For additional information on the eligible dependent amount, please consult this link:

http://www.cra-arc.g...5/menu-eng.html

#3 michellemiranda

michellemiranda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:23 AM

Hello,

I've followed the simple steps above however schedule 5 and line 305 is not coming up.  Is there another section that needs to be completed before the dependant can be claimed?

#4 jgilman

jgilman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:41 PM

I have experienced the same issue. UFILE is not recognizing my dependent and I have followed the instructions above and listed else where.

UFILE, please address why the system is incorrectly omitting the eligible dependent deduction.

#5 Gaetan

Gaetan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file.

UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca

UFile for Windows: support@ufile.ca

#6 Sandra S

Sandra S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

I have the opposite problem.  I want to claim the Arts credit for my child but if I enter her name as a dependent the program also wants to claim her in the eligible dependent deduction (which I am not eligible to claim).  Any ideas?

#7 ckshen01

ckshen01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:12 PM

Has anyone figured out how to get line 305 to show an claim for dependent amount?  This is frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2013 UFile.ca, Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy