• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dean.murray

dean.murray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

I received Netfile rejected with an error code 2197 when I tried to submit my return electronically. 

Please verify the following lines found on the Schedule 7: 1) Make sure to enter the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2016 from the Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) records on line 1 of Schedule 7. This amount is: $0. 2) Make sure to enter the total of the RRSP/PRPP contributions made after the first 60 days of 2016 and no later than the first 60 days of the following year, on line 245 of Schedule 7. 3) If necessary, make sure any contributions you are designating as a repayment under the HBP and the LLP are correctly indicated on line 246 and/or 262 of Schedule 7. Once you make the necessary changes, try sending your return again. If the amount of unused RRSP/PRPP contributions available for 2016 in the CRA's records indicated above is incorrect, please call the Canada Revenue Agency’s Individual income tax and trust enquiries.

I checked the pdf version of the tax return schedule 7 and all the lines have the correct information.

• zuqiang likes this

#2 dean.murray

dean.murray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

I removed the amount I put in for Unused contributions from the first 60 days of 2016 and it worked. Unfortunately I will have to see I can add this amount next year.

#3 zuqiang

zuqiang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

I have the same error message. And I have nothing in Unused contributions from the first 60 days of 2016. Something wrong in the software. Please fix it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2013 UFile.ca, Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy