Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
photodmartin

Federal File rejected error code(s) 4017 9

3 posts in this topic

My wife and I filing tax with Ufile. We have sold our principal residence in 2016, I file the principle generating schedule 3.  I put the dates and values. I noticed Ufile transfer the monies for residence to my wife's Schedule 3.  

Under Tax return tab everything is fine.  In schedule three line 179 my wife and I have checked box1.

box 181 have the date 

and box 182 my wife's schedule three have the house value and mine is zero.

while I was able to file my wife's tax online, I got rejected twice stating error code(s) 4017  9. as follow;

The software used to prepare your return generated:

1) an entry line 179, Principle residence designated on schedule 3 of your return but no entry on line 181, year of acquisition and/or line 182 proceeds of disposition or vice versa. If you are claiming a principle residence exemption on schedule 3, entries in all 3 fields ( 179, 181, 182) are required.

2) an entry line 179 that is not valid. The only valid entries for line 179 are 1 2 or 3.

3) an entry line 179 of 1 or 2 however the entry on line 181 is other than 4 digit

4) an entry line 179 of 3 however the entry on line 181 is other than 8 digits and 12 digits 

Please review your entries and make any necessary corrections. 

Any help is appreciated.

finishing tax with Ufile

Wow, relay!  No help.  

Perhaps this is one of those software , once I bought it it is my responsibility.   I will mail it and CRA will provide a response.  Best of luck to all of you.

Hi photodmartin,

We are sorry for the response time, the site was unavailable for us.

Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file.

UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca

UFile for Windows: support@ufile.ca