Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation since 08/29/2013 in all areas

  1. 2 points


    It worked. Thanks!
  2. 2 points


    It worked!! Three Cheers for me!
  3. 1 point


    Mine just wentb through now. Try now quick!! lmao
  4. 1 point


    What's the deal here Ufile? I paid to file. It's now 9;30 am and still 500 Internal Serverv Error. Very annoying :(
  5. 1 point


    Me too. Any idea? So frustrating
  6. 1 point

    Credit card charged twice

    Hello Rakesh, We will do the follow up. Please check your emails.
  7. 1 point

    CCA and ACB for Rental Property

    Hello Flatlander, Rental income - CCA capital additions To enter your capital additions, follow the steps below: Please note that the land is not depreciable property. Therefore when you acquire rental property, only include the cost of the building. Your rental property may belong to class 1, 3, 6, 31 or 32, depending on what the building is made of and the date you acquire it, please visit the link provided at the end of this document. 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "Rental income" and choose the subsection "CCA". 2. Choose the Category that corresponds to your situation, and on the page that appears on the right, go to the line "Description and amount of capital additions", in the first field, enter a brief description and enter the amount in the second field. 3- For the line "Application of half-year rule to current year additions" from the drop-down menu to your right, select "Yes". 4- If the property in question is not subject to the half-year rule, select "No". 5. On the line "Limit CCA or CECA for this class" if you do not wish to claim a capital cost allowance, enter $ 0.00. The cost of additions of a category already existing will be added to column 3 of Part A. Additions will appear on page 3 of federal Form T776, Parts B or C, as applicable. For more information regarding rental income, please visit the following CRA link: http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/rental-income-line-126-net-line-160-gross.html
  8. 1 point
  9. 1 point
    Hi, Percentage interest in the partnership: leave it blank.
  10. 1 point
    Hi flash_os, Rental income - Multiple owners If the rental property is owned by a partnership, one of the partners in the company could be either your spouse or other people. To report a rental income, follow the steps below: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select the item "Rental income" and in the page on your right, choose "T776 - Rental income property". 2- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and choose the item "Partners". 3- In the screen on your right, you have two (2) choices, "Spouse co-owner of this rental property" or "Other partner or co-owner of this rental property". 4- If your spouse is co-owner, you have two options in the drop-down menu: "Generate rental income statement for spouse" or "Do not generate rental income statement for spouse". 5- If you choose the first option, it is not necessary to enter information about the building in your spouse's file. Nevertheless, the program will generate the federal Statement of Real Estate Rentals, and the Quebec equivalent form, in the case of Quebec residents. 6- However, if you have different expenses, you should select the second option and the program will not generate the Statement of Real Estate Rentals automatically, in which case you must enter the complete information relating to the rental property in your spouse's file. 7- If none of the other partners is your spouse, you must choose "Other partner or co-owner of this rental property" and enter the name, the address, SIN as well as the share of ownership. The program will prorate the income and expenses. The partner must enter into his or her own file all the information relating to the property. 8- Please note that in the page "T776 - Rental property identification", the percentage that you must enter in the fields for "Percentage interest in the partnership" and "Your share (%) of ownership if other than 100%" should be identical. 9- Usually, the owner of a rental residence does not claim any depreciation on his property, to do so under the sub-heading "CCA" of the building go to the line "Limit to the CCA or the CECA of this class" and enter $ 0.00 or the amount you wish to claim. 10- If you provide movable property, such as refrigerator or other, you can claim CCA on these items because it does not increase the value of your building. We suggest that you must keep all required records and supporting documents for your rental property for a period of six years. For more information regarding rental income, please visit the following CRA link: www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/rental-income-line-126-net-line-160-gross.html
  11. 1 point
    Hello mburrows, Please go to the same page, "CRA questions", of the Family head and answer properly the same question. It looks like you get this message for the spouse, but the problem is in the Family head's file. I hope this will help you and you'll be able to send electronically the tax return. Have a great day, Cristina
  12. 1 point
    Hi AndyCivil, Your foreign pension may qualify for a tax deduction under the terms of a treaty signed between Canada and the originating country. If you do not know whether any part of your foreign pension is tax exempt, contact the CRA. To enter the amount of your foreign pension income, follow the steps below: 1. In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" select "Interview setup". 2. On the page that appears on the right, go to the "Investment income and expenses" group, check the box "Foreign income and foreign property (T1135)" and click on "Next" at the bottom of the page. 3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Foreign income and property". 4- On the screen to your right, click on "Foreign pension income (includes U.S social security benefits)". 5- On the new page generated, you must enter the "Country from where you received the foreign income", a brief "Description of the source of the foreign income" as well as the "Exchange rate to apply". 6- For the line "Type of foreign pension income", choose the income that corresponds to your situation from the drop-down menu on your right. 7- For the line "Amount of foreign income received", enter the amount you received. If part or the entire pension is exempt from tax under an agreement or a tax agreement concluded between that country and Quebec or Canada, you can claim a deduction for income not taxable under a tax treaty. The International Tax Services Office of the Canada Revenue Agency can inform you about these tax treaties and arrangements. 8- Once this information is obtained, for the line "Income exempt under a tax treaty (leave blank for US social security benefits)", enter the amount. This amount will be reported on line 256 of the federal return and line 297 of the Quebec return. The code 12 will be entered on Quebec line 296. For more details, please consult the CRA's website, as well as Revenu Québec's website if applicable, via the following links: CRA: http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-return/completing-a-tax-return/personal-income/line-115-other-pensions-superannuation/line-115-pensions-a-foreign-country.html Revenu Québec: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/situation/sejour_hors_quebec/pension-pays-etranger.aspx
  13. 1 point
  14. 1 point

    File Rejected

    I had the same issue. If you filed more than once intentionally or un-internationally, you will see File rejected. To verify if you filed successfully, check the status under Netfile - Federal submission. You should see Accepted. To double verify, log in to CRA my personal account, you should see the 2017 return is assessed.
  15. 1 point

    I have a T4 but no RL-1

    Thank you Cristina! Your help is much appreciated. Btw, my wife's name is also Cristina Have a nice day!
  16. 1 point

    UFile 2017 not opening

    Thanks Cristina - I had attempted that a bunch of times. In the end, I received detailed instructions from UFile Support that worked.
  17. 1 point
    Thank you, Cristina. It's really helpful.
  18. 1 point

    Is Life insurance deductible?

    Nope. https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/deductible-life-insurance-premiums-285
  19. 1 point


    Just had a very helpful email from the Ufile team. I went through their suggestions and checked and changed data as instructed. My page saved successfully and I was able to review our completed tax return. Thanks Ufile team and thanks Cristina for your input
  20. 1 point
    I have downloaded Ufile 2017 (12) and have completed a return. When I click on Review it works fine but when I click on Tax Return the pages are blank. Everything is listed down the left side of the window but the actual return pages are all blank. I have tried all of support suggestions e.g.. (uninstall/reinstall) but nothing is working. I have used Ufile for a number of years and never had any problems. I also have Ufile 2015 and 2016 installed on my computer and they work fine. Is anyone else having this problem? Can somebody please help? Thank you
  21. 1 point

    Warning message for dependant

    Hi, If the dependant doesn't need to produce a tax return, you can ignore the warning and send your tax returns.
  22. 1 point

    at-home-expenses total amounts?

    I think you need to put the total expense amount and the program will calculate based on the 15% of the space that you use for business purposes. That's what I did anyways. And you can double check the results in the "Review" section once you have all the information in. Good luck!
  23. 1 point

    UFile program won't open after update

    Hello carone, Some times changing the browser will solve the issue.
  24. 1 point

    T4 with zero income

    I have the same problem and reported it to Ufile support. You should do the same. A simple workaround is to enter the same amount as in box 18 into box 24. It will let you net file. It will calculate return correctly, refunding you the EI paid. Awaiting a response from Ufile support....if any. Good luck.
  25. 1 point

    SK Tution tax credit

    Yes, please see the screenshot and specifically ''Portion to transfer provincially''. Since your spouse had selected Transfer to spouse, it means transfer to Family head, UFile will apply the designated portion to federal and the other one for the provincial.
  26. 1 point
    mike and Karen

    Return Rejected

    I have seen this post and i'm in the same situation....has anyone provided help for this? I'm so disappointed in this purchase, definitely will be using something else next year. I found the interview confusing to use, and can't figure out why there would be a message stating that the file was "rejected" while providing me with a "The tax return was successfully transmitted to the CRA on:" and a confirmation number. Help file does not provide any insights, forums include topics from many years past (which are of no help.) I guess i'm supposed to take some time off work in order to call support because they are only available during working hours. I'll surely guide anyone away from getting this product.
  27. 1 point

    Oops, Something has gone wrong

    Yes, I have the same problem... Honestly I'm getting sick of this freaked app. Every time I'm trying to sign in I have a problem. Unfortunately, it seems that Ufile is better than any other tax app on the market but with this CONSTANT sign in glitches I'm running out of my patience.
  28. 1 point


    I agree their customer service sure leaves something to be desired! Most of the time it seems they just reply with links they hope will be relevant, so they don’t actually have to do the actual work of typing out a personal reply, but the links are almost never remotely relevant. I found it helpful to publicly post here about it, it got them proactive to actually figure out the problem, which is a definite improvement from previous years when they made it almost impossible to contact them, and if you actually found a way, you wouldn’t get a response anyway, even after trying multiple times. If they’re not interested in providing real help though, I think it would work a lot better to just have a help forum, where users could maybe get a little credit toward their fees by answering other users’ questions, or even just get a little credit by having the best answer, awarded by the asker. I’m sure other users would feel more inclined to help than most of the people working in their customer service department! I did get my issue figured out, but it wasn’t really because of their help, and it could have all been avoided if ufile would have shown me the error prior to filing, and then accurately described the error as well, it really was a simple mistake and easy to fix, I just couldn’t sort out their gibberish to figure it out. I still somewhat prefer ufile, just because I know it, and the return calculations tend to come in higher than TurboTax. I set up TurboTax for my sister and her family because it’s more user friendly, and she really needs that, but like H&R Block, they just seem to be in the government’s pocket, their returns are always calculated lower than ufile, and it’s not because ufile is calculating incorrectly, we’ve never had CRA take issue with ufile’s calculations, and we’ve been using ufile since 2010. If they made more improvements I would be a lot more proactive about recommending it to others.
  29. 1 point
    I am trying to download my information from CRA and I am receiving the following error : the method or operation is not implemented. I tried using chrome and edge and still have the same problem on both browsers. I also deleted my browsing history with no success. why? Thanks
  30. 1 point
    CEC at December 31, 2016 is converted to class 14.1 for 2017. The CRA says that the transitional rules are to allow 7% (rather than the 5% for class 14.1). Further, you can deduct the greater of opening UCC @ 7% or $500. However, I can not see anyway to change the amount of CCA from the 5% calculated. What am I missing?
  31. 1 point
    I am experiencing the same issue. Have tried three browsers, my tablet, and a laptop.
  32. 1 point

    Tax Return Won't Display

    Problem solved for (#4) Tax Return pages are blank. Windows Theme must be in Windows 7....mine was Classic View. When I changed it to Windows 7 view everything worked great.
  33. 1 point
    I'm repeatedly getting this error message. I am not sure where else to report the amount in box 020 as self employment income. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  34. 1 point
    Hi Kushwood, Is the house your principal residence or you get revenue from it? For more information regarding rental income, please consult the CRA website at the following link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/rprtng-ncm/lns101-170/126/menu-eng.html http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4036/
  35. 1 point

    Filing Quebec tax from the UK

    Hi, I have recently filed my Federal return but now need to file my quebec return. I moved in April 2016 back to the UK. I had previously made a tax return using HR Block. But I was having issues with their online system due to the move back to the UK. I did see somewhere on here that I should state quebec as my residence for filing for the QC return. Is this right? A company can do the filing for me but want to charge 15% of the refund. Which is around $190 Any advice would be great. Thanks B.
  36. 1 point

    Error when trying to pay with credit card

    Actually it's tomorrow midnight. Just checked CRA website
  37. 1 point

    Your Website Is Not Loading

    It's not even saving properly. Even on the same form, only random lines are being saved while others are ignored.
  38. 1 point

    net file

    I am replying to my own post because I solved the issue and it might be of interest to others. After five hours of emailing and phoning Ufile, I found a screen shot through google. It was amazing - right there I knew what the problem probably was. I did not have the five steps across the top of the page - the 5th one being netfile. I remembered it being there last year (same laptop and browser). I emailed ufile again and the response was that it was probably a browser incompatibility. Sure enough it was. I phoned a friend and had them go into my ufile account (different browser) and within minutes my netfile was completed and I had a confirmation number. Hope this helps someone and saves them hours of tension.
  39. 1 point

    Unused Capital Losses

    Thanks a lot Gaetan. I knew it was there somewhere but I could not find it by myself. Mark
  40. 1 point
    I have a rental and I bought a new stove. In ufile where do I input this as. Also if I install a new roof, is this considered operating cost or capital cost. How do I enter enter this expense in ufile
  41. 1 point

    Capital gains and ABIL

    Could you provide the exact name of the section(s) you are referring to?
  42. 1 point
    Hi, You may be eligible to claim moving expenses if, during the tax year, you move to be at least 40 kilometers closer to your your new place of work or business. Certain rules apply regarding the moving expenses incurred during the tax year, and we encourage you to carefully read the T1-M (as well as the TP-348 for residents of Quebec). You may consult the T1-M form via the following link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1-m/ We also recommend that you consult the websites of both the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec for more information. Website address for the CRA (federal): http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/lf-vnts/mvng/menu-eng.html Website address for Revenu Québec: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/situation/demenagement/frais_demenagement.aspxIn In addition, if you want to use the simplified method to claim your travel expenses and meals, consult the following link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/ddctns/lns248-260/255/rts-eng.html To claim the moving expenses, please follow the steps below: 1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup". 2. On the right-hand side, go to the "Other topics" group, check the box for "Moving Expenses" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page. 3. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select the "Moving Expenses" and on the screen to the right, choose the appropriate option. Please note that moving expenses can only be claimed in respect of earned net income due to relocation. The deduction for moving expenses will be carried over by the program to line 219 of the federal return and, for Quebec residents, on line 228 of the Quebec return. Federal form T1-M and Quebec form TP-348 will be generated by the program.
  43. 1 point

    ON-BEN form not generating

    Hi qualteam, Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file. UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca UFile for Windows: support@ufile.ca
  44. 1 point

    UFILE 2016

    Hi isalazar, You can find the download links from 2008 to 2016 in our Community: http://community.ufile.ca/index.php?/topic/6243-download-links/
  45. 1 point


    I don't even remember the answer to my security question.???? how can I create a new password???
  46. 1 point


    Hi Marlene, You can use the program to make an adjustment on a tax return that has already been filed. On the "Interview setup" page, in the "Other" section, check off "Adjustment request for a tax return that has been filed" and click "Next". "Adjustment request" will appear in the left side menu. Click this option and select the form you need to fill out on the right-hand side of the page. You can also contact the CRA (or Revenu Quebec) to order the form that you will fill out and resubmit by mail or visit "My Account" at the CRA website (www.cra-arc.gc.ca/myaccount/) to complete the T1-ADJ Adjustment Request form online. If you are using the program, you will have to print out and mail the completed T1-ADJ plus copies of any relevant documents. You cannot transmit a T1-ADJ via NETFILE. The CRA will send you a new Notice of assessment after they have processed the adjustment.
  47. 1 point

    Problem with Auto-Fill

    Finding major problems with Ufile's autofill implementation: 1. As Newbie reported, pension income was lost completely until I manually entered that it was a registered plan; 2. A T5008 was created as Investment Income, when it should have been Capital Gains. Both of these had an impact of thousands of dollars. Both required more effort to find and fix than was saved, and I am now going to have to check all downloaded data line by line to make sure there are no other errors. My recommendation: Don't use autofill!
  48. 1 point
    I had the same error, and after digging through previous years posts on this forum, I found a solution. Go to Control Panel -> Region -> Administrative tab -> press 'Change system locale' button in the 'Locale for non-Unicode programs' section and select French (Canada). The computer will need a restart, and the submissions should work afterwards. Good luck.
  49. 1 point

    Problem with Auto-Fill

    I used auto-fill for my tax report. One T5008 form were retrieved from CRA for a transaction I have no memory of; I do not receive the same form by mail either. There's only proceeding amount, no cost amount in this form. After checking the auto-filled forms with the paper forms received via mail (all match, except the extra T5008 form), I checked the summary, it showed I owe 10K tax. I removed the T5008 form because I do not receive it on paper by mail, and checked the summary again, my tax owed reduced to 4K. I went on to buy the TurboTax for comparison. I had the same T5008 form via auto-fill as well. But in TurboTax, having or not having the T5008 form, my tax owed is about 4K. It seems TurboTax ignores the existence of the T5008 form.
  50. 1 point

    Income tax paid by instalment

    Thanks for letting us know that a Support agent has guided you!
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...