Jump to content


UFile Support
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Gaetan last won the day on March 26 2018

Gaetan had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About Gaetan

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

Recent Profile Visitors

4,878 profile views
  1. Hi Gaetan, I can't view in my ufile 2017 the "tax return" all I can do is print or save it as a pdf. I want to review the pages without doing this. The bookmarks on the left side of the page but not the individual pages to show the tax return in the viewer. Can you please help? Thank you

  2. Thanks for the response. However, as I stated, I am a non-resident who works in Canada on a temporary basis. I earn income in only ONE province. Ufile automatically generates a T2203 for multiple province allocation even though I only have one T4 with income allocated to one province. On submission to the CRA, they ignore the T2203 and invoke the non-resident...

    1. Antoine7


      Hello denicrr,

      Given the particularity of your situation, we suggest that you send your request to the UFile Support Team.

    2. denicrr


      I did...9/27/17 (UB2363599)  Still waiting for a response. I sent another inquiry 1/9/18 (UB2385825)

      Waiting on that response, as well.

  3. Hello denicrr, Form T2203, "Provincial and Territorial Taxes for 2017 - Multiple Jurisdictions" is generated automatically by the program, based on provincial allocations. For residents of Quebec, form TP-22 will also be generated by the program. For residents of other jurisdictions who have offices in Quebec, the TP-25 will be generated by the program. For more information on the T2203, please consult the following link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t2203/ If you earned income in provinces other than your province of residence, you must enter the percentage (%) of business income earned outside your province of residence. To do so, please follow the procedure below: 1. Select the subcategory "Income, expenses" and on the page that appears, enter your business income and expenses. 2. At the bottom of the page, go to the line "Province and percentage (%) of business income earned outside your province of residence" and in the first field on your right, enter the name of the province or territories and in the second field, enter the percentage. 3. If you have earned income in multiple provinces or territories, click the plus sign "+" icon at the far right of the line and another line will be generated. For a T5013 partnership, enter the allocation to each province on the line "Details - province from which you derive partnership income" of the page "T5013 Statement of partnership income". The program will carry over tax from the provinces (other than Quebec) to line 428 of the federal return as per Form T2203. For Quebec residents, Form TP-22 will calculate the tax payable in Quebec and transfer it to line 432 of the Quebec return, while for residents of other jurisdictions, Form TP-25 will calculate the tax and carry over the amount to line 432 of the Quebec return. In addition, you must mail your Quebec tax return at 3800 rue de Marly, Québec, Quebec G1X 4A5. Please note that according to government requirements, you will not be able to transmit your tax return via NETFILE, and Quebec residents will not be able to submit their Quebec return via NetFile. You must print your tax return as well as copies of all relevant documentation and submit them by mail.
  4. Hello stn888, Please contact the Support group as they may need some more informations. UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca UFile for Windows: support@ufile.ca
  5. Gaetan

    Schedule 7

    Hi Falcon, Schedule 7 is used to calculate refundable portion of Part I tax, aggregate investment income and income from an active business carried on in Canada for the small business deduction. To generate Schedule 7 in UFile T2, please follow the steps below: 1.In the left section of your screen click on the section "Income source". 2.In the drop down menu select "Other property income" and enter the information concerning the income from other property on the right hand side of the screen. Schedule 7 will then be available on the Tax return tab in the client copy. Note: Only section 1 and 5 of Schedule 7 will be completed by the software.
  6. Hi, Don't worry, you will not be asked to pay again.
  7. Hello Aahuja, The version that will allow you to send a December 2017 year end will be available next week. Thank you for your patience.
  8. Hi Walter, Please contact the Support group as they may have to see a copy of the file. UFile ONLINE: help@ufile.ca UFile for Windows: support@ufile.ca
  9. Hi UFile User1, Thank you for the information, the store locator will be updated soon. UFile can be purchased this year at Best Buy, Staples, Walmart all around Canada (and Jean-Coutu in Quebec). It is usually available in the stores from January to the end of April.
  10. Hello sarracenia, You wish to designate unused RRSP contributions made during the first 60 days of the tax year as repayment for your Home Buyers' Plan (HBP), which is authorized by the CRA. You also contributed to your RRSP during the rest of the tax year. However, the program allows only the entry of the total balance of unused contributions as shown on line B of the taxpayer's Notice of Assessment. Moreover, federal Schedule 7 contains no line to indicate the unused contributions made in the first 60 days of the tax year that you wish to designate as a repayment under the HBP. There is, however, a satisfactory workaround. To do so, please enter your information as per the following steps: 1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "RRSP contributions, limits". 2. On the new page displayed on your right, in the "Your RRSP/PRPP deduction limit statement" section, enter the "RRSP deduction limit for 2016 (2015 assessment, line A)". 3. Also on the same page, for "Unused RRSP/PRPP contributions (2015 assessment, line B)", answer the first question. 4. If you answered "Yes", go to the line "Unused contributions from the first 60 days of 2016" and enter the amount that was unused. 5. If you have unused contribution from previous years, enter the amount on the line entitled "Unused contributions from prior years (excluding the first 60 days of 2016)", enter the amount. Warning: The sum of these two lines should equal the amount on line B of your last notice of assessment. 6. In the "Contributions to your own RRSP or PRPP/VRSP" section, go to the line "March to December 2016", enter the amount of your contribution, and if you contributed in the first 60 days of 2017, enter the amount on the next line. 7. If necessary, click "+ Add Another" located to the right and enter your RRSP contributions. 8. In the "RRSP or PRPP/VRSP deduction to use in 2016" section, go to the line "RRSP or PRPP/VRSP deduction to use (leave blank to use all your contributions", enter the amount of contribution that you wish to deduct this year, or leave blank to use all of your contributions. Click "Next" at the bottom of the page. 9. Return to the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" and select "HBP, LLP and other plans and funds". 10. On the screen to the right, click the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "HBP Participation in a RRSP's home buyers' plan". 11. On the page entitled "Home Buyers' Plan (HBP)", on the line for "RRSP home buyers' plan repayable balance at start of 2016", enter the amount, and at the line "HBP amount that should be repaid in 2016 (on HBP statement from CRA)", enter the amount on the notice that you received. Then, enter your repayment amount on the line for "Amount of RRSP contributions designated as your 2016 HBP repayment". The program will carry over your HBP repayment amount to line 246 of federal Schedule 7.
  11. Hello TaxChef If you are receiving an error message regarding the percentage of shares is greater than the required maximum, verify the total shares held by shareholders’. In order words, the total shares held by the corporate officers may not exceed 100%. In other word, the total percentage of shares held by directors, shareholders and the signing officer cannot exceed 100%.
  12. Hi SOJI, If you have disposed of rental property in the tax year, please follow the steps below: 1. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup". 2. On the screen that appears on the right, go to the "Rental income" group, check the box for "Rental property income", and click "Next" at the bottom of this page. 3. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", click on "Rental Income", and on the new page that appears to the right, select "T776 - Rental income property". 4. A page will appear on your right, entitled "T776 - Rental property identification". Complete this page. You must specify the exact date of the sale of the building, which corresponds to the end of the fiscal year of this rental property, and, once the relevant information is entered, click "Next" at the bottom of this page. 5. On the "Rental property income and expenses" page will appear on your right. Remember to check the box indicating that this is the final year of operation. Subsequently, enter the income and expenses. 6. In the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", under "Rental Income", click on "CCA". You must choose the depreciation category that corresponds to the rental property. By clicking on the category selected, a new page is generated on the right. You must complete it properly, by making sure to indicate the date of acquisition of the property, and by entering the amount in the field for "Opening balance of the undepreciated capital cost". To do so, enter the original acquisition cost, plus the capital additions made over the years, minus the total depreciation you have taken, if applicable. 7. Enter the amount for "Proceeds of disposition of an asset", meaning the proceeds from the sale of the building as well as the "ACB of the disposition", if the original value plus the capital additions minus the depreciation that you have claimed over the years. 8. In the field for "Description and amount of expenses associated with the disposition of assets", enter the expenses incurred for the sale of the building. 9. In the field for "Calculate the capital gain and carry the result on Schedule 3", choose "Calculate capital gain" from the drop-down menu. If you have a capital gain, the amount minus the expenses incurred for the sale of the building will be entered by the program on federal Schedule 3 and on Quebec Schedule G. 10. You must also enter the information regarding the land in the appropriate page, even though this provision generates no loss. However, federal Schedule 3, as well as Quebec Schedule G if applicable, will be generated to indicate the capital gain (or loss). Do not forget to specify whether you have liquidated all the assets of this category on the line provided for that purpose, in both pages that you have completed for the property as well as for the land. For more information regarding rental income, please consult the following CRA link: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/rprtng-ncm/lns101-170/126/menu-eng.html http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4036/
  13. Hi, Here's what I got on the CRA website: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/technical-information/income-tax/income-tax-folios-index/series-1-individuals/folio-3-family-unit-issues/income-tax-folio-s1-f3-c2-principal-residence.html#N10A4E Complete change in use of a property from income-producing to principal residence 2.54 If a taxpayer has completely changed the use of a property (for which an election under subsection 45(2) is not in force) from income-producing to a principal residence, he or she is deemed by paragraph 45(1)(a) to have disposed of the property (both land and building), and immediately thereafter reacquired it, at fair market value. This deemed disposition can result in a taxable capital gain. The taxpayer may instead defer recognition of the gain to a later year by electing under subsection 45(3) that the above-mentioned deemed disposition and reacquisition under paragraph 45(1)(a) does not apply. This election is made by means of a letter to that effect signed by the taxpayer and filed with the income tax return for the year in which the property is ultimately disposed of (or earlier if a formal demand for the election is issued by the CRA). For e-filers, see the Paper documentation page on the CRA website. Also, subsection 220(3.2), in conjunction with section 600 of the Regulations, provides the authority for the CRA to accept a late-filed subsection 45(3) election. Such a late-filed election may be accepted under certain circumstances. For further particulars on the acceptance of late-filed elections, see the current version of Information Circular IC07-1 . 2.55 Even if a subsection 45(3) election is filed in order to defer recognition of a gain from the change in use of a property from income-producing to principal residence, the net income from the property for the period before the change in use must still be reported. However, for purposes of reporting such net income, it should be noted that an election under subsection 45(3) is not possible if, for any tax year ending after 1984 and on or before the change in use of the property from income-producing to a principal residence, CCA has been allowed in respect of the property to: the taxpayer; the taxpayer’s spouse or common-law partner; or a trust under which the taxpayer or his or her spouse or common-law partner is a beneficiary. CCA so allowed would cause subsection 45(4) to nullify the subsection 45(3) election. 2.56 Similar to the treatment for a subsection 45(2) election (see ¶2.50 - 2.51), a property can qualify as a taxpayer’s principal residence for up to four tax years prior to a change in use covered by a subsection 45(3) election, in lieu of fulfilling the ordinarily inhabited rule (discussed in ¶2.10 - 2.12) for these years. As in the case of a subsection 45(2) election, residence or deemed residence in Canada during these years is necessary for the full benefit of the principal residence exemption to apply. Furthermore, the rule described in ¶2.13 - 2.14 prevents the designation of more than one property as a principal residence for any particular year by the taxpayer (or, for any particular year after the 1981 tax year, by the taxpayer or any other member of his or her family unit).
  14. Hi sparks Electric, We suggest that you contact the CRA at 1-800-959-7383 or RQ at 1-800-267-6299 for more information. We give support to UFile users to help properly enter their data into the software. However, we are not authorized to give an opinion on tax questions. We will be happy to help you enter information into the software. To do that, please provide us with all the information regarding your situation with as much precision as possible in. Depending on your situation, you also have to clearly state your choices as we are not allowed to make decisions for you. We regret that we cannot answer your question and thank you for your trust in UFile.
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...