Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Thank you, I'm sure this is the right answer. I doubt that my pension would be "not taxable" in either country, because in the UK, as in Canada, the principle is the same: you put money aside tax-free when you're working, and then draw it and you do pay tax when you're retired (hopefully at a lower rate). The only thing that might be relevant for other people, is that the UK will tax the pension 'at source' if it exceeds a certain amount (I think it's £11,500). If that happened, then there might be some arrangement to avoid double-taxation. However, my pension is lower than this figure, so I w
  2. Canadian citizen, Canadian resident, Canadian taxpayer. I lived the first half of my life in Britain and earned a company pension, which I've now started to receive. They do not supply me with a convenient Canadian T## form, because they're a British company. I want to declare this income and pay the tax on it. What box should I put it in?
  3. Yes, I said I filed correctly (I should have clarified, my wife also). But that's not the point. I don't want to claim twice. When I filed with UFile, would claiming the CCTB have been part of that 'netfile' submission, or do I also have to fill in a RC66 form and send it in?
  4. I filed my taxes correctly (thank you) but someone has just suggested to me that in order to get the Canada Child Tax Benefit (CCTB) I have to fill in a form called an RC66. This is easily available on the CRA website. Is this recommendation true? If so, I'm wondering how many parents are missing out on this!
  • Create New...