Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


DENK last won the day on April 17 2019

DENK had the most liked content!

About DENK

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

2,653 profile views
  1. Vdm

    Hi guys, is there an API for UFile?

  2. DBJ

    Hello all,
    I have been using UFile for windows for several years and generally used it to enter T4s and T5s. Last year my spouse rented rooms for Univ. students including all the facilities for 4 months while living in the same house situated in Ontario. Same year from Aug. whole house was rented thru a realtor and moved out to a different province renting a house to live. We are only 3 persons in the family and boy is a Univ. student. So for her income reporting, is the 1st one self-employment and 2nd one a rental income or both income to be considered as rental income? House title is on both of our names. She has no any other source of income and can we deduct all the expenses from this rental income including moving expenses and for the new house rental and utilities expenses? Which UFile software version is good to prepare taxes for 2019 year. Appreciate your valuable input.
  3. Saskatchewan Pension amount where to enter? 

  4. The T2125 that I prepare leave this field blank. How do I enter my info as the prepare of the T2125?

  5. Hi,

    Let me know which part of the software I can include the information about Tax professional and fees.

    Thanks Marcela 


    1. Nawal


      Hi Marcela, To enter the amount of legal and/or accounting fees incurred for purposes other than the recovery of wages or salaries, please follow the steps below:

      Note: These are costs incurred for the late objection or appeal concerning a notice of assessment issued under the Tax Act on income. They are fees paid to collect a retirement allowance and expenses incurred to to make child support payments non-taxable.

      1- In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup".

      2- In the screen to your right, scroll down to "Other topics" group and check the box "Other deduction and credits " and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

      3- Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab" and select "Other deductions and credits".

      4- On the screen on your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Federal Line 23200 - Other deductions (Quebec line 250)".

      5- On the page that is generated enter the amount in the field for "Deductible legal fees incurred not related to recovery of salaries or wages".

      Bear in mind that some of the fees that are deductible on your Federal tax return may not be deductible for Quebec and vice-versa.

      If the Federal amount is different from that of Quebec, enter the Federal amount and click on the "Maple Leaf" icon. An additional field will be generated to enter the amount for Quebec. This box appears only if you previously entered a Federal amount. If you have no Federal amount, then enter ''$0.00''.

      This amount will be reported by the program on line 23200 of your Federal return and line 250 of your Quebec tax return, code 08 will be entered on line 249 of the Quebec return.

      Note: Please keep all your documents in order to provide on request to the CRA or Revenu Quebec asks for it.

  6. JEC

    File rejected. Please help.

    My husbands return went through after I submitted mine which was rejected. no errors/warnings 



    March 30, 2020 12:06 AM
    One or more entries in your financial statement(s) require correction. The data entered is either invalid, or mandatory information is missing. If you are unable to resolve the issues, please contact your Software Developer.
    I went back through my return many times over, still no errors/warnings. logged out/in same message appears.
  7. Elle

    I need help with the UCC Class 8 related to the rental property I disposed of this year.  I set it up and never benefitted from any CCA, which means that  there should not be any recapture.  The gain on sale of the entire property was entered (manually) on Schedule 3 Capital Gains. My issue is I do not know how to close out this CCA Class 8.   If I enter either of the following (ACB =UCC and Proceeds = 0) or(ACB =0 and Proceeds = 0) I get a  terminal loss  which I a not entitled to.  

    The only way I avoid a terminal loss, is to enter (ACB =UCC and Proceeds = UCC) - Is this correct?

     And to be clear, I have clearly indicated that this is a renal property in the return.

    Thank you in advance,


  8. Iws

    Thank you kindly for getting me registered properly after getting refused many times!

  9. Hello, Please make sure all the data entry is identical. The Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) is a refundable credit that is automatically generated by the program. If you are eligible for this credit, the amount will be reported on line 453 of the federal tax return and federal Schedule 6 will be generated by the program. For more information about the WITB, please consult the following link to the CRA website: http://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/working-income-tax-benefit-witb.html
  10. DENK

    Student and Worker

    Hello, In order to report any other employment income earned during the tax year, such as occasional earnings or any income for which you have not received information slips, please follow the procedure below: 1. In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "T4 and employment income". 2. On the screen to your right, inside the group "Other", click on the plus "+" icon next to the option "Other employment income". 3. On the page that appears, on the line "Description and amount of other employment income", enter a brief description of the income source and then enter
  11. uFile won't let me submit until business income for my spouse is submitted along with the pertaining details.  My spouse doesn't have business income and deleted the Self Employed Business income tab but is still requiring her to input her information before going forward.  How do I get rid of this section for my spouse so we can continue? Thanks.

  12. Ulf

    I am using UFile online 2018 and have started to enter data    I had entered about 8 donors under DONATIONS and then took a break.    Now, when I want to add some more it says " You cannot add any more pages of this type"  - extremely annoying !   This is a bug and should be fixed rather than having to creating an Excel file and enterithem somewhere else as suggested by Antoine to somebody else.......

  13. Hi, To enter an amount of a bursary or scholarship shown in Box 105 of a T4A slip, or for Quebec residents, in box O code RB of an RL-1 slip, please follow these steps: 1 - In the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Interview setup". 2 - On the page to the right, go to the group "Pension", check the box "Pension income, other income and split pension (T4A, T4A(OAS), T4A(P), T4A-RCA, T4RSP, T4RIF, T1032)" then click on "Next" at the bottom of the page. 3 - Return to the "Left side menu on the Interview tab", select "Pension income, T4A" and on the screen to the ri
  14. Hi, "Net income only" is an option in UFile if you wish not to complete a joint return with your spouse. Your spouse must file a return even if it not with you. She must report all her income and she can login to her account on the CRA website to see all slips.
  15. Hello, If you are a disabled person and would like to claim the disability amount for yourself, please follow the steps below: 1- In the "Left side menu on the Intrerview tab", select "Medical, disability, caregiver". 2- Then, in the page that appears on the right, click on "Infirmity and Disability amounts claim for yourself (line 316)". 3- To answer the question "Are you eligible for the disability amount on line 316?", select "Claim disability amount" from the drop-down menu. 4- If you are a Quebec resident, a second menu will be generated from which you must selec
  • Create New...