Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Hello all, I’m a Canadian Electronics engineer, but I’m not a member of a professional engineering group. I was temporarily employed in California, USA, in the summer of 2015 for about 3.5 months and have received a W-2 form from the employer. Now I’m trying to file my taxes using ufile in Canada. 1) In ufile, which of the following sections should I add and fill “Foreign employment income” or “Foreign business income” or “Foreign professional income”? I know for “engineering services” there is an industry code (541330). 2) Considering that I was employed by a US company and received W2 (I don’t think I can be considered self-employed ), can I claim some of the expenses incurred to me for traveling to California, residing there for three months, etc? Thanks, Khansar
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...