• Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Thank you so much. I am relieved that I found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Gaetan again for your efforts
  2. Yes thanks Gaetan for your reply. I've already read this help menu because it says that at the left of every field on that page and not only the maintenance and repairs field. I understand the difference between maintenance and improvements; what I'm looking to enter is improvement costs. So basically I am back to my original question of where do I input these capital expenditures? I don't see an "Improvements" field anywhere on these rental property forms. I have receipts for upgrades I've done on the property but I'm at a loss as to where to enter them into my tax file.
  3. Thanks the info was helpful but I'm still not entirely clear as to where to input the info on ufile. There is a page for Income/expenses under each rental unit (which I have 2 total). During the year that I'm filing for which is 2016, this property was only revenue and not my principal residence. Under the Income/expenses area of the rental unit there is a field labeled "Maintenance and repairs (for the rental units only)" which seems to be the field that most closely matches home improvement renovations that I'm looking to add. Does this seem like the correct field for my capital expenses? I'm looking for confirmation that I'm on the right track or some additional guidance as to where to input the expenses. Thanks!
  4. Hi I have been struggling to find out where to input these receipts from hardware stores I've gathered which pertain to improvements I've made to my home. I am getting ready to sell the house within this year. I haven't a clue as to where to input these receipt amounts but I was told to put it in capital gains. Regardless I have not found the form to add to my tax file I have going online at the moment. Could someone provide easy instructions as to how/where I can do this?