Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Nawal

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Joseph0365, To report the sale of your principal residence, please follow the steps below: 1. On the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab", select the "CRA Questions" topic. 2. On the page that appears, go to the line "Did you sell a principal residence in 2019?". The sale of a principal residence must now be reported along with any principal residence designation. 3. If you answer "Yes", a topic will be generated in the "Left-side menu on the Interview tab" with the heading "Capital gains (or losses) & ABIL". 4. On the page appearing to your right, click on the plus sign "+" icon to the right of the line "Personal use property (Including the principal residence)". 5. On the page that appears, enters the relevant information in the first fields. If you are a co-owner of the residence with your spouse, go to the line "Your percentage share of capital gain/loss recorded here" enter your percentage. 6.The following line will be generated "Do you wish to transfer the remainder to your spouse's tax return (if applicable)?". 7. If you answer "Yes" you do not need to answer the CRA's question "Did you sell a principal residence" in your spouse's file because the program will transfer the information into their file. 8. Then go to the "Principal residence" section and go to the line that starts as follow: "Designation of the property as a principal residence to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)." and answer, "Yes" if the property that was sold was your principal residence as defined by the CRA and enter the address of the principal residence. 9. Next, go to the "Designation" section and select the period (taxation years) during which that property was designated as your principal residence. In the fields that follow, enter the year of beginning and the year of the end as the principal residence. 10. However, if you have not permanently resided in your principal residence, click the plus sign "+ Add another" icon to create another occupancy period for your residence. 11 If you rented your residence during the unoccupied period, go to the line "Change in use of property and election under section 284 or 286.1", and by selecting "Yes" a field will be created to indicate the period (from what year to what year) during which the residence was leased. Schedule 3 will be generated, as well as page 2 of this schedule by the program which will indicate that the property was your principal residence for all the years during which you were the owner. In addition, Form T2091 "Designation of a property as a principal residence by an individual" will be generated by the program. Moreover, for residents of Quebec, Schedule G and Form TP-274 will be produced by the program.
  2. Nawal

    Adding Extra Returns

    Hi MTC, due to the particularity of this request, we suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca .
  3. Nawal

    Mutual fund in US

    Hi HTKH, yes it is in the foreign income section under "Foreign Capital gain". You must have the details and the exchange rate.
  4. Hi Roulston13, for 2019 your marital status must be "single" .
  5. Hi Karen Bartlett, You are not on the right place. We suggest you to contact the Charity.
  6. Hi Packit, With UFile T2, you have the option to submit the federal return electronically using a web access code or a transmitter number. To request a web access code, please contact Corporation Internet Filing Helpdesk of the Canada Revenue Agency or consult the link below. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/corporation-internet-filing/about-corporation-internet-filing-service.html
  7. Nawal


    Hi JamesK, we suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca to help you.
  8. Hi DeborahV, there is no issue with the update. To add another T4, on the left-hand side of the "Interview", go to "T4 and employment income" and click on the (+) sign to add another one. If you have an issue, we suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca .
  9. Hi Margaret Doreen Imhoff, Ufile automatically gives you the credit if eligible. You have to go to step 4 "Tax return" to view the amount.
  10. Hi cricketwings, we suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca .
  11. Hi Buster, If you tax return was successfully submitted, please go to " NetFile /EFILE " tab. Click on "Federal submission" section. On the bottom of the page, click "Re-FILE". NOTE: A new page "CRA ReFile" will appear in the left menu of the "Interview" tab. Select the section from the Left-side menu, then click "Federal ReFILE Mode". Follow the instructions form the page. Make the appropriate changes to your file. VERY IMPORTANT! You cannot update your marital status, address, direct deposit or email address by using the service ReFILE. Click "Review" tab, then click "NETFILE" tab. Tick the box "I agree with the ReFILE Terms and Conditions and Private Notice". Click "ReFILE my return now!".
  12. Nawal

    Ufile Pro 2018

    Hi JuliaD, yes you have to buy 2018 version of Ufile PRO to file a 2018 tax file. To do so, we invite you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca .
  13. Hi BCbudzz, we suggest you to contact our support team at support@ufile.ca to view your file.
  14. Hi Kathy Henderson, Reasonable moving expenses can be claimed to move an individual with a severe and prolonged mobility impairment, or who lacks normal physical development, to housing that is more accessible to them or in which they are more mobile or functional. If this is your case, please go to "Medical, Disability, Caregiver" and under "Moving expenses" enter the amount. If you moved at least 40 kilometres closer to your new work or school and you have to check with the CRA that it is an eligible moving expense.
  15. Hi cricketwings, on the description box for medical expenses make sure that the date is in 2019 otherwise the amount won't be used .
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...