Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Adjustment'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • UFile General
    • Why I use UFile
    • How to request an adjustment
    • General
    • Feedback and suggestions
  • UFile Online
    • Getting Started
    • User name and password
    • Importing data
    • Printing and saving your tax return
    • Technical questions
    • Electronic filing (NETFILE)
  • UFile for Windows
    • Buying UFile for Windows
    • Standard VS Plus
    • Installation
    • Updates
    • Importing data
    • Electronic filing (NETFILE)
  • UFile PRO
  • UFile T2
  • Tax questions

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 6 results

  1. Hello, I recently filed my mother's tax return. She had some net capital losses from prior years that I wanted to use against a capital gain that occurred in 2017. When I filed, I accidently claimed them on line 252 (non-capital loss from prior years) instead of line 253 (net capital loss from prior years). I see that there is an option on CRA's online portal to change a return. Is CRA online the best way to make a change? Or should I do it through U File? Do I need to be worried that this error will trigger an audit? Do I only need to change the two lines in question (252 and 253) or do I also need to change the flow-through lines that add everything up (i.e. line 260 - taxable income)? Also, when I request a change, will CRA provide me with an updated balance owing? Thanks
  2. I received late a RRSP slip and I would like to include it in the declaration. I am already over my limit for the year so I won't get deduction from this contribution but I need to declare it so I can use it next year. I found how to make adjustment requests but it doesnt seem possible to amend anything related with RRSP. Am I not finding it or it's just not possible? Thanks for help
  3. I recently filed my tax return and shortly thereafter got issued a T3. I assumed that since my Canadian ETF dividend income from trading account was below $50, I would not be issued a T3, so I just claimed my dividends directly. Big mistake. The T3 I was eventually issued with the following boxes: 12 - SIN 14 - Account number 16 - Report Code 18 - Beneficiary code 21 - Capital Gains 25 - Foreign non-business income 34 - Foreign non-business income tax paid 42 - Amount resulting in cost base adjustment This means filling out my adjustment request (T1-ADJ adjust a federal tax return) is brutal as a huge amount of line values change. How should I approach this? Some interesting things I have come across in relation to this situation. The UFile community thread here - http://community.ufile.ca/index.php?/topic/6862-how-to-request-an-adjustment-reassessment-to-a-tax-return/, is suggestive that I should include every line update. The online UFile drop-down menu for the "Adjustment request", only has a small subset of all line numbers which ranges from Line 101 to Line 485 for a total of 155 line items. On the CRA's T1-ADJ form it mentions for "Area C: Adjustment details" it is mentioned that "Please provide all details for each change you request (you do not have to show a recalculation of your taxes)". See http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t1-adj/t1-adj-16e.pdf .
  4. Hi, I had submitted the returns for my spouse and myself. CRA sent us notices of assessment. Since our submission we have received a T3 slip and a medical receipt both of which should be added to to my spouse's return. I printed Combined Tax Return Summaries for each of us both before and after adding these items to my spouse's return. When I compare the before and after summaries I see that the after report shows UFILE has moved some line number entries from me to my spouse and vice versa. Do these changes mean that I have to file an adjustment request for each of us? Thanks, Preston
  5. Hi, I've been using UFile for a few years now. After NetFiling my 2012 taxes for my spouse and I, they were reassessed by CRA to our benefit. My 2012 UFile tax return only has the original numbers and not the revised/reassessed figures that we were provided back by CRA on their Notice of Reassessment. I am trying to use the same figures as those supplied back by CRA on their Notice. But currently if I import the 2012 file, I am using incorrect data as there are possibly some carryovers from 2012 that will assist in our 2013 tax return and I want to ensure I capture those. Some of the revised numbers are line 350 Total Federal non-refundable tax credits and line 6150 Total Ontario non-refundable tax credits and are a result of a disability credit. I have 2012 and 2013 UFile software both loaded still. I've tried to adjust these numbers in the 2012 Tax return interview but have not been successful in even determining where I can actually make those adjustments. I've also thought that maybe if you adjusted the numbers in the 2013 software under Prior Year Comparative Information, that would tweak the imported 2012 tax file. That was not successful either. In cases where tax returns are reassessed after the tax return has been submitted, how does one adjust their 2012 numbers prior to importing to the new year or conversely, adjust the numbers after they have been imported? Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated and of course, if there is any other information which may assist in solving this, please advise. Thank you in advance I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit computer. KPS
  6. Hi, I was wondering if I can correct a mistake in my 2010 tax file usign Ufile. 2010 was the first time that I used online software and it was the first time that I was filling as graduate student so I put the amount of my stipend in wrong boxes. Here is what I entered incorrectly: Scholarship amount on T4A should go to Box 105, I entered it under other income with some other income I had in box 130. Here is how I am trying to fix it: In Ufile adjustment page I selected line 130 to adjust and entered the amount before and after adjustment. Now I don't know if I should adjust line 150 (total income) and line 260 (taxable income) or the adjustment will be implemented automatically. I would also appreciate it if someone tell me how this adjustment will affect my tax return for this year. Thanks,
© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...