Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'capital losses'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • UFile General
    • Why I use UFile
    • General
    • Feedback and suggestions
  • UFile Online
    • Getting Started
    • User name and password
    • Importing data
    • Printing and saving your tax return
    • Technical questions
    • Electronic filing (NETFILE)
  • UFile for Windows
    • Buying UFile for Windows
    • Standard VS Plus
    • Installation
    • Updates
    • Importing data
    • Electronic filing (NETFILE)
  • UFile PRO
    • What is UFile PRO?
    • Buying UFile PRO
    • Electronic filing (EFILE)
  • UFile T2
    • Getting Started
    • Importing Data
    • Electronic Filing
  • Tax questions
    • Setting up your tax file
    • Reporting income
    • Deductions
    • Provincial credits and returns

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 2 results

  1. i just sold my rental property where do I enter the details on my tax documents. All my regular yearly information is already filled in making of the "Last year of operation" button. i just can't seem to find where to input the proceeds from sale, legal and realtor expenses. can anyone help please
  2. Hi there, I'm hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction. in 2015 I sold some Mutual Funds. Some had a gain from the original book price, others were sold at a loss. Overall, it was a gain. I never received a T5008 form from my bank. I contacted them in March asking for the form, they said they would send it, but it's been a few weeks and I have not received it yet. The bank has advised that I can also use my investment statements to find the pertinent details (# of units, unit book price, sold amount and difference). I have those details now. I am attempting to input the capital losses into my UFile tax return, however the program tells me that I cannot enter a negative number into the return under the T5008: Statement of Securities Transactions: Income from Capital Gains. I also cannot enter the information into the Capital Gains (and Losses) window as both areas indicate that negative numbers cannot be entered. I would like to enter my capital losses into the tax program, and I'd also like to be able to use the capital losses to apply against my capital gains this year. Anyone know where and how to enter the capital losses from the 2015 tax year?