Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'child care'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • UFile General
    • Why I use UFile
    • General
    • Feedback and suggestions
  • UFile Online
    • Getting Started
    • User name and password
    • Importing data
    • Printing and saving your tax return
    • Technical questions
    • Electronic filing (NETFILE)
  • UFile for Windows
    • Buying UFile for Windows
    • Standard VS Plus
    • Installation
    • Updates
    • Importing data
    • Electronic filing (NETFILE)
  • UFile PRO
    • What is UFile PRO?
    • Buying UFile PRO
    • Electronic filing (EFILE)
  • UFile T2
    • Getting Started
    • Importing Data
    • Electronic Filing
  • Tax questions
    • Setting up your tax file
    • Reporting income
    • Deductions
    • Provincial credits and returns

Found 3 results

  1. I am the higher earner in the family, and my partner has been attending school full time for half of the year. In this situation, I can claim child care expenses despite being the higher earner. My question is, do I need to separate child care expenses incurred before vs after my partner started school? I have some expenses from the first half of the year, when my partner was not in school, and I have some from the second half, while she was in school - am I able to claim all of these, or only the ones since September?
  2. Hello, My child attended a private (unsubsidized) home based daycare in Quebec for part of the year, for which I have a receipt with the care provider's SIN. They also attended a subsidized Quebec daycare for which I have a receipt, and an RL-30. In previous years, I would enter in Ufile Online as Daycare and enter the care taker's SIN as its registration number. This year, the only option to enter a SIN number is under Babysitter. Where can I find a definition of what constitutes a Daycare vs a Babysitter expense? I feel as though I should file as Daycare. Should I simply omit the care provider's SIN number? My child also attended a coop preschool, with no RL-24 but with a Quebec Business NUmber. Does that represent a Boarding School, Daycare, Daycamp, Babysitting? Thank for helping me determine which is which.
  3. Hi, My In laws, both over 75, lives with us and we intend to claim caregiver amount for both. They also provide childcare services when my wife and I are at work. We have a 5 year old and a 10 year old. My in laws immigrated to Canada two years ago and have no other income. Can we claim both caregiver amount ($4,608 each) and Child care expenses for two kids ($8000+$5000) ? Does my father in law need to report income of $13,000 ? if yes then how and which section ? Many thanks for the help.