Français
kazster

How to file tax returns?

I did both my 2011 and 2012 taxes today. I don't have the option of using NETFILE, so I downloaded the PDF for both years and printed them.

What exactly do I do with these now? Should I mail the entire printout (coverpage and all) to the CRA or what? The website is a bit unclear on what to do if you aren't using NETFILE.

If you are mailing in your tax return, you will need to include the slips and receipts with your tax return.

We understand that it may be difficult to determine which forms you need to send. This is why we have included "Assembly instructions" with your tax return. You will find these instructions near the end of the document.

Note: In order to see the detailed assembly instructions for a tax return that is being mailed, please follow these steps:

1. Open your tax return in UFile.
2. Click on the "Interview" tab.
3. In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "NetFile".
4. Then, on the right-hand side, for the questions "Will you be using NetFile to submit your federal return electronically?" and "Will you be using NetFile Quebec to submit your Quebec return electronically?" (if applicable), choose "No, I will mail it", and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.
5. Click on the "Results" tab to recalculate your tax return.

You can mail your federal paper tax return to one of the following CRA Tax Centres: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/cntct/t1ddr-eng.html

You can mail your Quebec paper tax return (if applicable) to one of the following Revenu Québec Tax Centres: http://www.revenuquebec.ca/en/citoyen/impots/dec_courante/declaration-papier/poste.aspx

Hi Roger,

When including slips and receipts, should they be the original, copies, or the summaries provided in the PDF? Does it matter how they're attached (staples, paperclip, etc..)?

Thanks.

Before you tackle your income tax return, make sure you have the following information:

*social insurance number

*tax information slips - information slips sent by employers, banks and businesses to tell you and the Canada Revenue Agency how much income you received and the amount of income tax that was deducted.

*information on other income, including self-employment income

*receipts for tax deductions

*personal income tax information you might need from the My Account tax service, such as your RRSP contribution limit.

My friend refer me to this website, http://www.dga.expert/ well they help.