Français
rossisen

Tuition transfer from two children

I have two children transferring federal tuition credits to me.  These individually do not exceed $5000 but collectively do.  If I enter more than $5000, I get an error.  If I try to add a second form, I am told the maximum number of forms is 1.  This seems like a bug to me.  How do I enter amounts from two children?

That link clearly indicates that the maximum amount transferred from each child is $5000.  I used the Click-To-Call service to talk to a Revenue Canada agent who confirmed this.  So, if I have two children transferring, there should be a way to include up to $10,000.  I cannot see how to do that with uFile.

My children used the online version with the code available from the Federation of Students so were not part of my family unit.  I did not want to have to re-do their return and potentially have it count against my total.  I suspect that if they were part of my unit, the transfer would have been seamless.

Fill out your taxes as usual showing the transfer from your children, if paper filing have your child sign the back of the t2202a form showing the transfer amount and include it with your taxes.

If filing electronically keep the signed t2202a form and send it in when cra requests it .