Français
Sign in to follow this  
Gabriel

T4A slip - Box 020 - Commission income - Self-employed

You have received a T4A slip with an amount in box 020 for the commissions you received as self-employed. To enter this amount in the program, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" to the left of the screen, select "Pension income, T4A, split pension".

2- On the page that appears on the right, select "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

3- On the newly generated page, select "Box 020 - self-employment commissions (report this amount as a T2125 - Commission income)" and enter the amount from box 020 of the T4A slip.

4- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click again on "Interview setup".

5- On the page that appears on the right, select the "Self-employment business income" and click Next".

6- In the "QuikClik Navigator", click on the line "Self-employment income" and, on the page appearing on the right, select "T2125 - Commission income".

7- On the page "Business identification", enter the name on the line "Name of the professional business (or your own name if the business does not have one)", then record the other information in the required fields marked with a red asterisk.

8- In the field for "6-digit code from the North American industry classification system", enter the code that best describes your industry. If you do not know the code, click on the tool tip (the question mark) (?) on the right-hand side of the box to get it.

9- In the section "Income and expenses", enter $0.00 for the line "Gross sales, commissions or fees" and enter the amount in box 020 of the T4A slip in the field "Self-employed commissions (T4A Box 020)". If you have expenses, enter them in the boxes corresponding to their description.

The amount will be reported on lines 166 and 139 of the federal return, as well as on line 154 of the Quebec return and on line 25 of Quebec Schedule L, if applicable. The program will also generate federal form T2125, as well as Quebec form TP-80 if required.

8- In the field for "6-digit code from the North American industry classification system", enter the code that best describes your industry. If you do not know the code, click on the tool tip (the question mark) (?) on the right-hand side of the box to get it.

I have used the exact code given to me on the CRA webdite and Ufile keeps telling me it is non-existent. Help!

ou entered an invalid NAICS (North American industry classification system) code for a business (self-employment). Click here to fix  fix.gif or a T5013/T5013A slip.

9- In the section "Income and expenses", enter $0.00 for the line "Gross sales, commissions or fees" and enter the amount in box 020 of the T4A slip in the field "Self-employed commissions (T4A Box 020)". If you have expenses, enter them in the boxes corresponding to their description.

The amount will be reported on lines 166 and 139 of the federal return, as well as on line 154 of the Quebec return and on line 25 of Quebec Schedule L, if applicable. The program will also generate federal form T2125, as well as Quebec form TP-80 if required.

I have followed these directions and this is the error message I get:

The amount in T4A box 020 must also be reported as business income.

1. Please use the list at the bottom for the NAICS codes.

2. You have received a T4A slip with an amount in box 020 for the commissions you received as self-employed. To enter this amount in the program, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" to the left of the screen, select "Pension income, T4A, split pension".

2- On the page that appears on the right, select "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

3- On the newly generated page, select "Box 020 - self-employment commissions (report this amount as a T2125 - Commission income)" and enter the amount from box 020 of the T4A slip.

4- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click again on "Interview setup".

5- On the page that appears on the right, select the "Self-employment business income" and click Next".

6- In the "QuikClik Navigator", click on the line "Self-employment income" and, on the page appearing on the right, select "T2125 - Commission income".

7- On the page "Business identification", enter the name on the line "Name of the professional business (or your own name if the business does not have one)", then record the other information in the required fields marked with a red asterisk.

SCIAN_2012_NAICS.pdf

I have the same problem. they gave the same message:

The amount in T4A box 020 must also be reported as business income.

Where is Self-employed commissions (T4A Box 020)? I didn't see this line in section "Income and expense"?

please help.

When adding form T2125 Make sure you create  T2125 Commission income,   If you use T2125 Business income or T2125 Professional income you will not have "Self-employed commissions (T4A Box 020) (Enter the total if you have more than one amount)" on the form.

These are first options when adding Self Imployment income, if you need box 20 chose the last one, as described by Gabriel.

I have Self employed commissions income in Box 020 of a T4A to report.

I followed the instructions as shown in the March 25, 2013 post above.

On the Results page, i then get an error stating "Your tax return contains negative entries on lines where they are not permitted for NetFile purposes."

Resulting data on the Tax return is correct and i see no negative entries anywhere.

If I remove all of the inputs related to the Self employment commissions, the error message goes away.

Any suggestions?