Français
ob1jac

Help with T4A (P) form

I am trying to input a T4A (P) form into ufile but I cannot find the proper form. There are multiple "T4A(P)" forms that I can click on but none of them match the form I am trying to input (each one has some of the fields I need but not all of them). 

The physical T4A)P) form I have includes boxes 20, 23, 22, 14 and 15 but I cannot find a single T4A(P) form with all of these fields. I have found boxes (lines) that match most of them (all except box 20 which is taxable CPP benefits) in separate forms. 

Am I supposed to use all of the separate forms in Ufile to input all of the information I have or am I missing something. Also, I cannot find any T4A(P) form with the box 20. 

Thanks for any help you can give.

It is the Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits - T4A (P) 

It has fields for the following:

20 - Taxable CPP Benefits (I can't find this line on ANY of the T4A(P) forms)

22 - Income Tax Deducted

14 - Retirement Benefit

15 - Survivor Benefit

I have found a form that has box 14 and 22 on it....and another form that has box 15 and 22 on it. Problem is, I can't see box 20 anywhere and am unsure about breaking this one slip into multiple T4A(P) forms.

Thanks for all your help

Yes it is. Does that mean I should simply be filling out 2 of the different T4A(P) forms (The Survivor benefit one and the retirement benefit one) even though I only have one physical tax slip that has all of the boxes on it? If so, do I just input box 22 (Income Tax deducted) on one of those forms or both forms?

Thank you so much YruJ, I can see the light at the end of the tax tunnel!  :)

Yes, there is no need to enter box 20, since it's only a sum of boxes 14 through 18. Enter it as if it were 2 slips even though it is only one. ie: as a Retirement Benefit and as a Survivor Benefit.

Make sure that you only enter tax withheld (box 22) on one of them.

Thanks I had the same question. I am entering income tax deducted (Box 22) only in the Retirement Benefit page. Any idea why this changed? Last year the T4A(P) form was all on one page so both Box 14 and 15 could be filled in with a single corresponding Box 22 amount.

I don't know why they changed it, but it might be to accomodate the fact that in some cases you do get two or more separate slips (in Quebec you do anyways). I had one person with 3 such slips: a retirement income, survivor's benefit, and death benefit. This allows you to enter each slip on its own, without need to manually add up (for example) tax withheld in the same box number on two of the slips.