Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Filing Tax Return on the basis of Foreign employment income

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone


I along with my family presently out of Canada since 2008 and working on a contractual employment in the Middle East.


Every year I am filing my tax return using Foreign employment income line 104, however, not claiming any foreign income tax credit, but paying Federal Tax and claiming GST/ Child Tax Benefits etc.


Since I am not quite sure how long more I will be out of Canada and wondering whether I should change my status to 'Non-resident'? and if so far what I have done falls within the criteria of CCRA.


I still have active Canadian Bank Account, some furniture in one of my friend's house and a Canadian Credit Card.


I would be grateful if someone can give comments on this which can help me to make a decision.


Thank you in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

© 2013 ImpôtExpert, Thomson Reuters. Tous droits réservés. Politique de confidentialité
  • Create New...