Français

Hi, I am a little confused on a section called "Employment Expenses" and I will try to explain as clear as possible.

I incurred various expenses relating to motor vehicle expenses. On the motor vehicle expense schedule, I entered all costs that I incurred including my new vehicle used for business and personal use. The system asked me whether I would like to claim GST/QST rebate on those expenses. I clicked yes and then entered the GST and QST numbers. My question is whether the GST and QST rebate is only on expenses other than CCA or does it include CCA. The main reason I am asking this question is because the rebate does affect the UCC balance next year while expenses GST QST rebate
become income next year.

Additionally, I am not sure if I correctly entered the addition to vehicle cost. I included all costs including interest given interest is pre-calculated on the day of purchase. Is it ok to include the full price or must I separate the interest portion and only include 1/5 of the interest in the expenses.

Thank you,
Jacques

If you are a salaried employee, you can deduct certain employment expenses that you have incurred that relate to your work. However, make sure that your employer has first provided you with the duly completed federal Form T2200, as well as the Quebec Form TP-64.3 if applicable. In order to claim those employment expenses, please follow these steps:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Interview setup".

2- On the right-hand side of the screen, under "Deductions and credits", check "Employment expenses" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Employment expenses" and on the screen to your right, select "Employment expenses eligible for an employee earning a salary".

4- In the new page that appears, you must enter the name of your employer and all other relevant information, then click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

As a salaried employee, you can also deduct your qualifying motor vehicle expenses, including capital cost allowance. In this case, return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Motor vehicle expenses." In this section, choose the appropriate option depending on your situation.

If you have used a home office as part of your job, return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Home office expenses" to enter the eligible expenses.

To report the employment conditions, return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Employment conditions", then answer the questions. The information entered will only apply at the federal level. To enter your conditions of employment at the Quebec level, return to the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Employment conditions - Quebec" and enter the requested information.

The amount of eligible expenses will be reported on line 229 of the federal return and on line 207 of the Quebec tax return, and Code 07 will be entered on Quebec line 206.

Furthermore, the program will generate the forms for employment expenses, namely the federal T777 and the TP-59 for Quebec, as well as the forms for employment conditions, i. e. federal Form T2200 and Form TP-64.3 for Quebec.

This did not answer my question.

I understand how to enter the data, my questions pertains to whether or not GST QST refund is also based on CCA on ufile online. If so what is the amount used given I would have to deduct it off UCC next year. Additionally, does ufile online automatically deduct it next year if it does take CCA gst qst refund.

My next question pertained to interest expense. I bought a car and total price includes interest. When I added the vehicle costs I included total costs including interest rather than deducting it on a yearly basis