Français
Sign in to follow this  
Sheila

Other employment income/Other income

I have some income from 2012 where I did not receive a T4 slip. There are 2 places I can enter it - Other employment income or Other Income. Both say they are for line 130. But depending on which one I enter it in there is a $357.00 difference in the refund. Why would that be? Does it really matter which place I enter it. If it doesn't then of course I would enter it where I would get a larger refund.

usually employer has a deadlien to provide the T4 to all employee at the end of february that is based on CRA. 

You might check your CRA -> MYAccount and you can see from there if your employer submitted your information and you can use this as a reference or on the other hand use your last payslip summary for the year2012 (it contains your YTD income, tax, cpp and ei. (Try to put a note on your file, you didnt receive your T4 from your employer).