Français
Sign in to follow this  
catsat

UCCB amount entered in Interview is not appearing in Tax Summary line 117

I have entered the UCCB amount from the RC slip in the interview section, however it is not showing up in my final return. In the tax summary page line 117 shows up as zero.

I have used ufile for 10 years now and I do not think I am making any mistake. Is this a bug?

On the "Interview" tab, select "Interview setup" from the "QuikClik Navigator" located on the left-hand side of the screen. In the "Income" section, be sure to check the box next to "Universal child care benefits, RC-62".

UCCB income is reported on Federal Line 117 - Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB). If you had a spouse or common-law partner on December 31, the one with the lower net income should report the UCCB. Otherwise you should report the UCCB you received. Note that the program will do this calculation automatically.

Enter the amount shown in Box 10 of your RC62 slip on the form labelled Universal child care benefits.

Also note that the UCCB income you report will not be included in the calculation of your GST/HST credit, your CCTB payments and any related provincial or territorial benefit and tax credits, social benefits repayment (line 235), the refundable medical expense supplement (line 452) and the working income tax benefit (line 453).

If you had a spouse or common-law on December 31 of the tax year, the spouse who has the lower net income must report the UCCB. To enter the information from the RC62 slip, follow these steps:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Interview setup".

2- On the right-hand side of the screen, check the box for "Universal child care benefits, RC-62" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

3- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and select "Universal Child Care Benefit".

4- On the page that appears to the right of the screen, enter the amounts shown on your slip in the appropriate boxes, then click "Next".

The amount shown in Box 10 of the RC62 slip will appear on line 117 of your or your spouse's federal tax return. If applicable, the amount will show up on line 278 of the Quebec income tax return.

Note: If you were a single parent on December 31 of the tax year, you have the choice of including the amount of the UCCB you received in 2012 in the income of the dependant for which you are claiming the amount for an eligible dependant (line 305 of Schedule 1).

If you are not claiming the amount for an eligible dependant, you can include the amount of the UCCB in the tax return of a child for which UCCB is paid. If the latter option is chosen, the total amount of the UCCB received will appear at line 185 of your federal income tax return. This provision is not applicable on the Quebec income tax return.