Français
lmarley

Already filed tax - have to add additional tax receipt! how?!

Hi, I already filed my tax, but today received a $100 tax receipt (rrsp) in the postal mail. How do I now change my taxes and get this $100 included on my already filed taxes?

Thank you.

If you netfiled or hard copy filed your returns, it is wise to save a copy of your original filed returns as  ämended""  then under the interview section, click on ädjustment set-up"( at the very last selection}.  Under the adjustment form select the line number 208 and on the specific line enter the original amount you entered under the contribution and on the  buttom line enter the new amount, like $100 if nothing is entered on the first line.  Then you have to submit the amended hard copy returns, whether you netfiled or hard copy filed the original one.

...  Then you have to submit the amended hard copy returns, whether you netfiled or hard copy filed the original one.

Well no, you don't mail in an amended return...just a T1-ADJ form indicating that you would like to modify an amount on Schedule 7 to include the additional RRSP conribution. The CRA will then modify the amount and all other calculations will flow through automatically at their end. Also indicate in the notes section if you want to claim the contribution right away or carry it forward to a future year..