Français
rasinc

Trust Return

I've been told by the CRA that I need to do a Trust return for each of my deceased parents.  Can Ufile 2009-2012 do these types of returns?  They passed away a year apart.

If so, do I bring forward the file from my parents last final returns and set some options to indicate it is a Trust return?

Do I do them together in the same file or separately?

TIA

Unfortunately, our line of UFile products can only be used to prepare personal income tax returns (T1) and cannot be used to prepare corporate (T2), trusts (T3), or bankruptcy returns. However, we do offer DT Max, our professional line of software, that is designed to help you prepare these types of tax returns.

For more information on DT Max, please consult the following links:

http://www.dtmax.ca

http://www.drtax.ca/en/DTMax/software-products/product-demo.aspx

Thanks Gabriel,

Maybe I am getting my returns confused.  I just checked the 2009 software (for the year I am preparing).  Under Type of return for the year of death, there is the option of Return for Income from a testamentary trust.  I think this is what I have to prepare, not necessarily a return for a full Trust.

Is this option the same as a T3 that you mentioned?