Français
Sign in to follow this  
galyna

You cannot Netfile...because the amount on T4A box 048 must also be reported as business income.

Hello,  I'm a student and I'm self employed contractor (Nov, Dec 2012).Company sent me T4A with box 048. I added form T4A with filled box 048, then I added form T2125 for self employed and entered the same amount on page 'Income, expenses' in line 'Gross Sales, Comissions or fees'. But in the Result I'm getting message - you can't use Netfile, as 'The amount on form T4A box 048 must also be reported as business income".

What I did wrong?

When I looked at  help for line 'Gross Sales, commisions and fees' , it redirect me to CRA help :"You have to file Form T1139", but not T2125. 

PS.

I just got reply from the UFile support team:
In the section "Professional income and expenses", enter $0.00 for the line "Professional fees (including work-in-progress)" and enter the amount in box 048, T4A on the line "Fees for services (T4A Box 048)". If you have expenses, enter them in the boxes corresponding to their description.

It worked! Thanks!

There seems to be a problem with T4A Box 020, and reporting business income of any kind.  I have been trying to resolve this for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working.  Everything is entered as last year and the program says there is a problem and will not let me netfile.  This warning does not include  "Click here to fix with the arrow and box, all highlighted" like other warnings do.  It just seems to be stuck and none of the help suggestions are working.  If I find solution I will repost.

I am stuck at the exact same problem. The result page show "The amount on form T4A box 048 must also be reported as business income". And I could not find any method to fix it.

I sent request with UFile help system, but have not get any response yet. I will post here if a solution could be found.

** Update **

Found the trick in the upmost post: http://community.ufile.ca/index.php?/topic/128-t4a-slip-box-048-fees-for-services-business-income/  . It seems working well.

Thanks, worked for me.  The issue was that I had reported the $100 on the T4A box 048 amount into the "gross income" line in the business income section.  Instead I entered 0 into that line, and then further down the form in the business income section there is a specifically-designated field for the amounts on your T4A-box-048 amounts.