Français
Sign in to follow this  
Mouly

T5013 Form not coming up in Interview for a Dependent

I have a T5013 form I need to enter for a dependent but the option for the form does not come up as a choice during the interview.  I know where to see it in the interview because I also have to enter the form for myself and I see it under Income during the interview.

Looking closer I now see that the Income choices for my dependent are more limited and do not include the T5013.

How can I get the T5013 entered for a dependent?

I have a T5013 form I need to enter for a dependent but the option for the form does not come up as a choice during the interview.  I know where to see it in the interview because I also have to enter the form for myself and I see it under Income during the interview.

Looking closer I now see that the Income choices for my dependent are more limited and do not include the T5013.

How can I get the T5013 entered for a dependent?

Just a thought, but perhaps you need to file a stand alone return for this family member.  Perhaps having a partnership income excudes your dependant from dependant status.  Selecting "Spouse"  from the family member option will present you with all the deductions available to the family head,  but chidren and other dependants seem to have a much more limited number of income stream options.   Sounds like a hole in the system.