Français
clueless

Adjustment to privious tax year

Hi,

I was wondering if I can correct a mistake in my 2010 tax file usign Ufile. 2010 was the first time that I used online software and it was the first time that I was filling as graduate student so I put the amount of my stipend in wrong boxes.

Here is what I entered incorrectly:

Scholarship amount on T4A should go to Box 105, I entered it under other income with some other income I had in box 130.

Here is how I am trying to fix it:

In Ufile adjustment page I selected line 130 to adjust and entered the amount before and after adjustment. Now I don't know if I should adjust line 150 (total income) and line 260 (taxable income) or the adjustment will be implemented automatically.

I would also appreciate it if someone tell me how this adjustment will affect my tax return for this year.

Thanks,

Generally you only need to provide the information that is new or different from your oroginal return. The CRA will automatically "flow through" all the other calculations and issue a new notice of assessment and either a refund or amount oweing. If thereis a choice possible (such as a carry forward or a claim) then indicate that choice in the notes section. You will then need to mail that in, it is not part of your current tax return.

Generally you only need to provide the information that is new or different from your oroginal return. The CRA will automatically "flow through" all the other calculations and issue a new notice of assessment and either a refund or amount oweing. If thereis a choice possible (such as a carry forward or a claim) then indicate that choice in the notes section. You will then need to mail that in, it is not part of your current tax return.

Thanks Overtaxed 58