Français
Toni

Importing data from Ufile Plus to Ufile Standard Edition

Last year I used Ufile Plus for Windows, but this year I decided to use Ufile Standard edition for Windows.  However, this year I have been having difficulty importing data from my 2011 tax file.   I know for sure that my tax file is stored in my computer in pdf format.  Is it possible to import data from Ufile Plus (from last year) to Ufile Standard?  I would really appreciate if someone would help me with this. 

It is possible but certainly not from a .pdf.

In order to carry forward your 2011 tax return prepared with UFile for Windows 2011 to UFile for Windows 2012, please follow these steps:

1. Run UFile and click on "Carry forward a 2011 tax file".
2. Under "Select the type of file to import", check "2011 UFile or ImpôtExpert tax file (.U11)".
3. Click the yellow folder and browse to your *.u11 file.
4. Click "Open" after you locate the file.
5. Click "Continue".
6. Click "Continue" again.
7. Click "OK".

NOTE: It is very important that you browse to find your file. This will ensure that both the name and location of the file are correct. You cannot just enter the name of the file. UFile also needs to know where on your computer the file is located. By browsing, you will ensure that this information is correct.

UFile will open and your tax information will be carried forward into the 2012 tax year.

Thank you for your reply.  I followed your instructions and browsed to find my file.  However, my 2011 Ufile tax files are only in .pdf and .tax formats, so Ufile couldn't find the right file.  Is there something else I can try?

I am having a similar problem in that I am trying to import my 2012 ufile returns however we only saved the Pdf versions to an external hard drive and then got rid of the program from the computer.  Does this mean I will not be able to access the 2012 returns and if so What would happen if I just used the 2013 Ufile from scratch?

You can consult the 2012 returns with the .pdf, but you won't be able to modify it or import the carry forward amounts to the next year.

However, it should be noted that most people actually have few amounts or info to carry forward, depending on their exact situation.

You can easily start from scratch in 2013, just make sure you enter your personal information again and any carry forward amount indicated on your notice of assessment.