Français
jbkennedy28

Trillium Benefit Estimates

in Tax Return tab >>view complete tax return, in the " B – Estimated Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC)  " I can find any amount, all fields are blank. I did the ON-BEN form right with the correct information including my rent amount in ON-BEN declaration for tenants. I used another tool for calculating the trillium benefit (http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/taxcredits/) and gave credit for the Ontario Energy & Property Tax Credit.

can you please help resolve this problem. Thanks.

Thank you Gabriel for responding. I entered the rent I paid in the software for the months of 2012 (I just rent my house, do not own it). As mentioned when I reviewed my tax return pdf, all fields blank of  " B – Estimated Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC)  ".

I entered the same information in different online tool  (http://www.fin.gov.o.../en/taxcredits/) to see the difference and I got the Estimated amount, the tool just helps people know their returns from the trillium.

Please respond to me as quick as possible so I can file on time (less than a week left for the deadline), thank you so much.

The Trillium Benefits are estimated by first answering "yes" to the question "Applying for the 2013 OEAPTC" in the ON-BEN form and then entering either the property tax or rent amounts in either ON-BEN Declaration for home owners or ON-BEN Declaration for tenants. (All done in in the Interview tab).

In the Tax Return tab, you can confirm by checking the ON-BEN Energy/property credit pages and see the estimate in the Ont Trillium calculation pages. If the amount is zero it means your income for the year is too high and you do not qualify.

The Trillium Benefits are estimated by first answering "yes" to the question "Applying for the 2013 OEAPTC" in the ON-BEN form and then entering either the property tax or rent amounts in either ON-BEN Declaration for home owners or ON-BEN Declaration for tenants. (All done in in the Tax Return tab).

In the Tax Return tab, you can confirm by checking the ON-BEN Energy/property credit pages and see the estimate in the Ont Trillium calculation pages. If the amount is zero it means your income for the year is too high and you do not qualify.

Correction:

The Trillium Benefits are estimated by first answering "yes" to the question "Applying for the 2013 OEAPTC" in the ON-BEN form and then entering either the property tax or rent amounts in either ON-BEN Declaration for home owners or ON-BEN Declaration for tenants. (All done in in the Interview tab).

Thanks Michael,

Actually my income is very low as I am full time student, and have dependent (my wife and children). So I do not believe it is right what you say "If the amount is zero it means your income for the year is too high and you do not qualify."

What do you think? any help is appreciate.

Thanks Michael:

I checked; there is no even page for the (OTB) for my wife in the tax return pdf. My guess is because I used the ON-BEN Declaration for tenants in my application only but not for my wife's as I am the principal tenant.

Just to give you more details, in my application and my wife's:

I selected "yes" in the field :

"Applying for the 2013 Ont. energy and property tax credit (ON-BEN L.6118) in her application"

and "No" for fields:

"Lived in a principal residence in Northern Ontario on Dec. 31, 2012, and applying for the 2013 NOEC"

and

"Applying for the 2013 Ont. senior homeowners' property tax grant (ON-BEN L.6113"

and

left "Amount of your 2012 Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant" blnak

these fields are not applicable to us (me and wife)

What do you think?

Thanks for helping.

I am having the same issues. I do enter Property Taxes paid in 2012 as well but they do not show up on the following section:

B – Estimated Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit (OEPTC)

Property tax paid in Ontario for 2012.

Enter the amount from box 6112 in Part A of Form ON-BEN.

On the other hand, if I enter the Property Tax amount under one of the dependent's (also one of the owners) tax return, he does show receiving the credit.

Please provide an answer as to what the issue can be or if there is a glitch in UFile.

Thanks.

I did that and indicated "Yes" to apply for ON-BEN. Then added the property tax amount along with # of months in another form for home owners. And yet, I do not see the On-BEN form when I view the tax return docs in pdf.

hello,

i too am having difficulty with this exact matter there must be a bug in the software system, i've used this prior years and never had this much problems, i'm doing everything that one is suppose to, however the property tax amount that is filled in the interview section doesn't seem to make a difference, it doesn't seem to get registered with the software because when you print out the return the section pertaining to property tax under the trillium benefit is not even filled out...please help,....perhaps you will have to review my return to see what wrong

To look into this issue, it would be very helpful if we could have access to view your tax file. In order to do this, please follow these steps:

1. Login to UFile ONLINE
2. Select "Help".
3. Choose "Support request form".
4. Answer the questions.
5. Be sure to check the box "Check to authorize UFile to VIEW your tax file." *

* Our support staff is likely to find solutions to a problem faster if they can review the tax information you have entered in your file.

If this box is checked when you submit your support request to UFile ONLINE, a copy of your tax information will be generated and stored in a secure area where access is restricted to our authorized support staff. This process takes place behind our firewalls and your data is not exposed to the insecure Internet at any time. Your tax information is not sent to our staff as an email attachment.

Your information will only be used to help our support staff resolve the problems you have reported, and will be automatically destroyed after 72 hours.

Here is my reply from UFile Support and I am happy to report it calculated correctly.

Thank you for contacting UFile Support.

When the file head of the UFile file says
claim the GST credit in the CRA questions,
then this person should in the Ontario Tax and credit section
Claim the residence credit
and
should report the ON-BEN.

the spouse of this person should NOT make these claims.

Hopefully UFile will be modified to generate an error message or update the program to default to only one of the couple claiming the return.