frankm79

Residence Credit

On the "Property Tax Credit/Residence Credit"
form there is no provision to enter an amount paid to a Non-Public Long
Term Care Home. The 2011 form had provision for both Public and
non-public. The result is that the amont is place agains line 6123 instead
of 6110. The warning messages show that there is a possible error but
point to the same form.

Gotta go back one more step to find this ... I've pulled my hair out for 2 days on this problem!

Go to the Interview ... Ontario tax and credits line (NOT ANY of the indented lines below it!)

now in the main pane you see ON-BEN Declaration for tenants (including in a private long-term care home)

It is most confusing that it makes the assumption that it should be a public long term care home from the natural flow of the interview!

Gotta go back one more step to find this ... I've pulled my hair out for 2 days on this problem!

Go to the Interview ... Ontario tax and credits line (NOT ANY of the indented lines below it!)

now in the main pane you see ON-BEN Declaration for tenants (including in a private long-term care home)

It is most confusing that it makes the assumption that it should be a public long term care home from the natural flow of the interview!

Thanks so much for your info. Ive been pulling my hair out also. Now that I have filled it out, its not showing in the results.