Français
Pamiller

Error message re T5013A

I keep getting the following error message, that is preventing me from completing and filing my taxes:

"The income entered with respect to the T5013 are inconsistent.  You selected '0 or 3 - limited partner' at box 08 Member Code, but you entered general business income (loss) instead of limited partnership income (loss). Make the necessary chages on the T5013 or T5013A page."

I have gone over and over this.  I have entered exactly what I entered on my 2011 taxes and I keep getting this error message.  I have no idea how to correct this.  Any ideas"

Paula

If you wish to enter a partnership income person or partnership, follow the procedure below :

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" on the left-hand side of the screen, select "Interview setup".

2- In the "Income" section, check the box for "Partnership income, tax shelters (T5013, T5013A, T101, T5003, T1CP)" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and choose "Partnership income, tax shelters".

4- In the screen on the right, choose the line that applies to your situation and enter the amounts in the corresponding fields.

Hi Paula,

Niether CRA, nor the company itself, nor the brokerage, nor ufile (3 Voice mails) were able to provide assistance. Easiest response was: "contact your accountant"... ufile?

I tried different combinations: by trial and error process of elimination:

Enter box: 34 as the income of the form, box 162 = (leave blank)

Enter box: 20,21,22,23 = 0 (or the actual amounts), box 22 select limited partnership

Enter box: 8 = 0 or 3 - limited partner

Enter box 27: as the actual amount (though the form itself says leave blank - http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/t5013-inst/t5013-inst-11e.pdf)

Hope this helps