Français
Eva

I cannot NETFILE

I have been trying to file my taxes all day, but I am getting an error. It says the attached file is not in the correct format, but I checked and double checked the file, it is the correct file. It has the .tax extension. I called Revenue Canada and I am being told to contact Ufile as it seems it is a software issue. I filed my sister's taxes using the same software and it went through just fine. 

Step 1: Verify if you are eligible to send your tax return via NETFILE
=====================================================

1. Start UFile.
2. Go to the "Results" tab.
3. Look in the "Warnings" section. If you see the message "You cannot currently NetFile your federal return", try to review the reasons and make the corrections.

Step 2: Save the .TAX file (UFile)
=====================================================

Once you are satisfied with the results, proceed as follows:

1. Click the "NetFile" tab (if it's inactive, click the "Results" tab to calculate).
2. Select the family member that you want to transmit via NETFILE (Step 2 on the left).
3. Click the "NetFile to the CRA.." button (Step 3 on the right).
NOTE: If there are errors in the return that prevent the use of NETFILE, this button will not be present. You will need to correct the errors first.
4. A new window will open: "Register this tax return?"
If the name, SIN, and date of birth are correct, click "OK" to add this return to the counter.
5. A new window will open: "NetFile to the CRA"
In Step 1, click on "Save your NetFile return to a file on your hard disk". Save it to your Desktop (for example).
6. Click on "Connect to the CRA's NETFILE Web site" (Step 2).
You must be connected to the Internet to continue. A web browser will open. If not, manually open your web browser and go to the following website:
http://www.netfile.gc.ca/rdy-eng.html

Step 3: Submit the .TAX file (CRA Website)
======================================================

Now on the CRA website, follow these steps to file your tax return:

1. Scroll down and click on the "I agree with the Terms and Conditions - proceed" button.
2. If your personal information does not need to be updated, click on the "Proceed with NETFILE" button.
3. In "Step 1 - Identification", be sure to type in your SIN, and date of birth.
4. In "Step 2 - Attaching a return", click the "Browse..." button and attach your .TAX file (e.g., net12h_firstname_lastname.TAX).
5. In "Step 3 - Balance Due", check the box if you plan on making "an electronic payment using my financial institution's Internet or telephone banking services within the next five days."
6. In "Step 4 - Declaration", click the "I agree. File my return now!" button.

If the return was accepted by the CRA, we recommend that you record the six-digit confirmation number that you received by entering it in UFile in Step 3 of the "NetFile to the CRA" window. If the return was rejected, review the error message, fix the problem and try again.

Repeat this process for each tax payer in the family.

I did all that before I even filled out the support ticket. This isn't the first time I am using this software, I have been using it since 2007! So I know how to file it, that is not the problem, and this really does not address my concern. 

Yes, I tried to do automatic transmission, it gave me the same error. I also tried to do it manually, same issue. I tried saving the .tax file in different places, same thing.

I purchased 2 additional keys since I ran out of room to file additional taxes on the original CD that I purchased. So in total, I have 3 different license keys. I was able to file 13 files (for 13 different people) without any issue. 

Again, this isn't my first time, so I know what I am doing, but this is the first time I am getting this error from Ufile.