Français
WendyB

Caregiver amount not showing on either dependant OR caregiver. What am I missing?

I have entered all 3 family members...spouses and dependant who qualifies for caregiver amount.  The dependant does not have any income.

I have followed the instructions provided by UFile and the amount still does not show up. 

I downloaded an update today...could that be part of the problem?

This dependant is also eligible for the Child Fitness Credit of $1,000 because of a disability.  I'm unable to get that form to show either.

Help anyone?

Caregiver amount:

The program will claim the caregiver amount automatically in your file if all the criteria are met, based on the dependant's age, disability status and relationship to you. In order to trigger the automatic calculation, you have to have a file of the dependant linked to your own. In order to add a dependant to your file, follow these steps:

1- Above your name in the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on the option "Add family member".

2- On the page that will appear to your right, click on "Add a dependant".

3- Complete their Interview accordingly.

Should you want to control who should claim the caregiver amount for this dependant (for a married or common-law couple) or disable the automatic claim of this credit performed by the program, follow these steps:

1- Under "Select a family member", choose the dependant's return (the family member must be entered as a dependant).

2- Under the "QuikClik Navigator" select "Medical, disability, caregiver".

3- In the "Dependant's medical expenses, infirmity and disability" screen, choose"Caregiver amount to claim for this dependant (line 315, Quebec line 462)".

4- Complete the section accordingly.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Children's fitness amount

In order to claim this credit, go to the dependant's return, then in the "QuikClik Navigator", locate the form for "Fitness and recreation". Fill out the form.

This credit is reported at line 365 (Children's fitness amount) in the file of a parent.

NOTE: The form will only appear in the "QuikClik Navigator" if the child qualifies. The child must have been under 16 years of age or under 18 years of age if eligible for the disability amount, at the beginning of the year in which an eligible fitness expense was paid.

Thank you for the response. 

To ensure I was doing everything correctly, I deleted the dependant and started from the beginning using your instructions.

I followed the instructions for adding the Fitness and Recreation but the form doesn't show up on the QuikClik Navigator so I searched for the form in QuikClik Navigator, it takes me to the help details and when I click it I end up back at the interview set up asking me to "tick" the item...it's not there.

Is there anyway I can just override the amount on the tax returns?

And I followed the instructions for the "Cargiver amount to claim for this dependent" and it still does not show on either spouse tax return. 

Thank you.