Français
Sign in to follow this  
thetut1

100% Price Increase

I have been using UFile Windows for the last 6 years and was satisfied with the product. As there are 5 members of the family that are required to file, I have always purchased the UFile product that allows 8 filings.

This year you have kept the price the same but have reduced the number of allowable filings by half.

How do you justify this gouging?

Your website also states: "Both UFile 4 and UFile 12 include 4 additional returns for taxpayers with income $25,000 or less."

Does this mean that if all 4 taxpayers have income less than $25,000 then you get 4 extra returns or is it if one taxpayer is less than $25,000 then the extra 4 returns are generated?

Yes I was just looking at the options. They are making it too complicated and there are too many conditions on whether returns are included or free or whatever. I have been using Ufile for many years as well but I am becoming disillusioned with it. Particularly since I am trying to do my mothers return which I have always done on Ufile and there is a bug I can't get past. I have emailed the problem but have not heard back yet.

Thanks guys for starting this thread. 

Because I have all the time in the world to waste, I have gone through this tedious exercise to register simply to express my thoughts on your software.

I've been a customer of yours for the last 6-years and have been quite happy until today just when I was about to enter credit card information to buy your 2013 version. Your decision to reduce the number of claims from 8 to 4 really disappoints me and is clear that someone at the top needs to buy a new shiny toy which he/she doesn't need. 

Good luck to you and your CEO with his shiny new toy.

Goodbye!

Thanks for starting this thread. I am totally disgusted.  I switched from Quicktax (now TurboTax) to UFile some years ago precisely because Intuit pulled this trick on its users.  I'm switching back to TurboTax this year (after making sure it can import my UFile tax file from last year).