Français
Sign in to follow this  
paulsehl@rogers.com

My 2012 Income tax was audited and UFile had created an error

My 2012 income tax was audited by the CRA and and they found that I had recorded all the T-3 slip information correctly however the program did not transfer the amounts in Box 26 over to line 130!!!

CRA reviewed the documentation and said there was nothing they could do as the error was in the UFile program.

I was assigned a penalty payment.

How do I get to talk to a live person at UFile????

A very unhappy customer.

I was just issued a new CRA Notice of Assessment in which they have now only allowed a 15% credit for Social Security Taxes paid to the IRS. Unfortunately, the uFile calculation permittef a100% credit - so,  now, due to this uFile error, I have tp pay additional (significant) CRA taxes. Further, CRA said they will be looking into this error for my 3-4 prior tax years as well & I will likely receice additional re-assessments for those years too. They said that many Canadians face this same issue and that they too will be hit by this re-assessment. Is there anyting that uFile can do to address this onerous problem. Do we get, at least, a refund fo our uFile fee since it is their error

Hello,

The T3 Box 26 - "Other income" shows on line Federal 130 - "Other income".

NOTE : The T3 also includes the next line T3 Box 26 - Footnote ECP (eligible capital property). This goes to Schedule 3 line 173 - FARMING AND FISHING INCOME ELIGIBLE FOR THE CAPITAL GAINS DEDUCTION FROM THE DISPOSITION OF ELIGIBLE CAPITAL PROPERTY and it generates a T657 form in the Tax return section.

Please verify your T3. It is possible that you have entered the amount on Box 26 - Footnote ECP instead of Box 26 - Other income.