Français
Gabriel

Saving and printing

In order to print your tax return within UFile ONLINE, please follow these steps:

1- After completing your Interview, click on the "Results" tab.

2- After having paid for the return in the "Payment" tab, click on the "Tax Return" tab.

3- Within the tax return page, right-click on the link underneath your name called "Print or view complete tax return .pdf file", located on the right side of the page. Select "Save Link as".

4- A new window will appear, prompting you to save the PDF file of your tax return on your hard drive. Save the file.

5- Open the PDF file you have just saved, and print the return from within Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent software.

Note: For instructions on which forms to print, please consult the "Assembly Instructions" page, located within the PDF file.

I saved my 2011 returns as a PDF but am unable to open them this year.  The error message says that it is not a supported file type or the file has been damaged.  I'm not sure what is wrong since nothing has changed on the computer from last year.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kim

What is the file modification date on your pdf file? View it by right clicking the file and selecting "Properties" and look at "Modified". If it changed from when you first did your 2011 return (probably about a year ago) then something must have happened to it.

using uFile windows, enter all the information and with rental income, click the tax return, the rental income is not showing under my column. Pls assist. -

03/01/2012 I found my solution - one of my CCA has incomplete information.

Guest Jouissance

I only saved my previous return as a .tax files...is there any way to access this form now?

When I viewed results for my family, I found out that our son cannot use NetFile for federal returns because he did not indicate whether he is a Canadian citizen or not. The problem is that Ufile never prompted him to answer this question (but did prompt myself and my wife). Am I missing anything?

Mitridat, if you have dependants who are young children and/or have no income to report, please open their tax returns and, under the "Interview" tab, click on "Controls" section from "QuikClik Navigator".

To the question "Show the marginal tax rate calculation?", please answer "No" or choose "Select".

NOTE: If you answer "Yes", to calculate the marginal rate, the program will generate a tax return for the child. In this case, the child's SIN in the section "Identification" and the answer to the question "Are you a Canadian citizen? " in the section "CRA questions" are mandatory fields.

ufiler2013,

Please follow these steps to successfully transmit your return via NETFILE.

Before using NETFILE:

1. Login to: https://secure.drtax.ca/ufile/login.aspx
2. Click the "Tax Return" tab.
3. RIGHT-click on "Step 1 Download and save .tax file"
4. In the window that pops up, select "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." (depending on your Web browser).
5. Click "Save" (we recommend that you choose your Desktop as the location).

Note: Never open or try to open the .TAX file. You can corrupt your file and your return will not be processed correctly.

To transmit your return via NETFILE:

1. Go to: http://www.netfile.gc.ca/rdy-eng.html
2. Scroll down and click "I agree with the Terms and Conditions - proceed".
3. If your personal information does not need to be updated, click on the "Proceed with NETFILE" button.
4. In "Step 1", be sure to type in your SIN, and date of birth.
5. In "Step 2", click the Browse... button and attach your .TAX file (e.g., net12h_firstname_lastname.TAX).
6. In "Step 3", check the box if the statement applies in your case.
7. In "Step 4", click "I agree. File my return now!"

If you were successful, you will receive a confirmation number.

I've been filing my return with ufile since 2009. I didn't save 2011's as a PDF, though. I desperately need it now for my divorce proceedings. I can't figure out how to get the PDF of my 2011 return when I log in to this site, all I can see is I can delete it. . .. how do I get a copy of it?

Please help! I emailed the contact people here a couple days ago but still have not heard and my situation is very tenuous. Without filing with the courts my kids and I could end up homeless. It's dire. This is the very last bit of paperwork I need.

I file my 2013 tax return via netfile and I got the return from ccra. but, i forgot to save the result into pdf.  when i tried to save to pdf, i got the tax return limitation reached.  i am using the same pc and same program when i did my 2013 income tax last march.

please assist

Please contact UFile support and attach a copy of your counter.

Follow these steps:

1. Open UFile.

2. In the "Tools" menu, select "Tax return counter". The counter will open.

3. Hit the "Prt Scr" or "Print Screen" key.

4. Open Word or MS Paint and paste the screen shot in a new document (Ctrl + v).

5. Save it as a .DOC or .JPG file and send it

They will give you an extra key.

The UFile program would not be able to stop you from saving a file to a specific location.  In the desktop version, under File (top left of screen) is a "save as" option.  Select this and change the target drive.

If you are using the online product, your data are securely stored on our Canadian servers.  You  should save the .pdf of your return by either selecting File (top left of screen) and the "save as" option if you are adobe acrobat or if in your browser, right click and select Save as...

I am using the 2014 Ufile desktop product and creating 2 returns.  My counter shows 2 returns.  I can save the files as pdf but get the following error message as it tries to open: "There was an error opening this document.  The file is damaged and could not be repaired."  I tried deleting the file and using the File>Save tax return as PDF file, and get the same results.  I believe I can still Netfile as I send a different file type.