Français
Sign in to follow this  
das

T4A and no income

I am declaring taxes with my partner, myself as head of the family. I have non-taxable T4A-105 Scholarship income, whereas my partner has taxable income. At the end of the interview, UFile says,

You have no income to report. If you wish to use NetFile, the government requires you to confirm that you have no income by ticking box I had no income from any source in 2012 on the Interview setup page.

So according to UFile, I must simultaneously declare that I have no income and I have T4A income.

From what I can tell, UFile has ignored all the T4A Scholarship income, since it is not being added to line 130. My interpretation of this is that since I am eligible for the full tuition amount, this scholarship is not declared on line 130. Since it is not declared, I officially have no income... and therefore 'no income' and 'T4A income' are not mutually exclusive in the Interview stage. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Thanks for any help.

The point is that you have no income to report on line 150 because your scholarship is exempt.

Therefore, you need to tick the box "I had no income of any source in 2012" in the Interview setup.

To clarify, this box will be changed next year for "I had no income of any source to report" and this will apply to the relevant diagnostic message.

It is the first box from the top in the Income section.

Actually it's not. It's on Dependent ID page, second one from the bottom :

- Did this dependent have any income in 2013 (2014) It needs to be answered NO. And it works ;)

I hope this will help somebody. :)