Français
pcd

importing data from revenue Quebec

in the Interview Section it states: "Please select the option Import file (.rqdf) 

downloaded from Revenu Québec from the Tools menu"

But what "Tools" menu are they refering to ?

I have no "Tools" menu inside of Ufile. 

Across the top of your screen in the program you will see - File Edit View Tools etc.

Click on "Tools" and you will see the option "Import file (.rqdf) downloaded from RQ.

This will take you to the Revenu Quebec site so that you can sign in and download your info online with them.

However, if you are sure that you have all the tax slips you need on hand then just ignore this and enter your info yourself.

thanks, thetut but that's just it - I do not have "File Edit View Tools" etc at the top - only "Log Off Help My Account" on tthe top right of the page; anyway no big deal I guess. Rev Quebec does not show individual Releve 1s  on their site as far as I can tell. Thanks.

I'm trying to import date for my son. He is a student currently live in Ontario, but still count as our depended child. So he has to report taxes issues for Quebec.

He is under my husband’s coverage for drug insurance plan of UQAC., but I can‘t put in this information by interview.

How can add the “Quebec drug insurance plan” to his “Quikclik Navigator” ?

You need to put Quebec as his province of residence in the Identification section.

The Régie de l'assurance maladie du Québec requires that every taxpayer residing in Québec be covered by either a group insurance plan (usually provided by your employer) that provides basic prescription drug insurance, or by the Québec prescription drug insurance plan, if you were not eligible for a group insurance plan. However, other exceptions may also apply to your situation. If this is the case, please follow the procedure below:

In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on the line "Quebec drug insurance plan". Then, on the page appearing on the right, choose the option that applies to you from the drop-down menu.

If exceptions apply, you must choose among the options with exceptions and specify the periods to which these exceptions apply:

Option 4: Select "Exceptions, Quebec insurance plan, all year" if you were not covered by the drug plan in Quebec because of certain exceptions and then click "Next". A new page will appear.

To the question "Specify the exception(s) that applied to you in 2013", answer according to your situation and select the months that are affected by this exception.

Please note that if you choose this option, Schedule K will not be generated, given that throughout the year you were not supposed to be covered by the Quebec prescription drug plan, meaning that the exceptions applied to the whole year.

Option 5: Select "Exceptions, Quebec insurance plan, part of the year" if you were covered by the Quebec prescription drug insurance plan only for a few months and click "Next". This will therefore indicate the program that you were covered by two different plans during the year. The page "Quebec prescription drug insurance plan exceptions" will appear. Specify what exceptions applied to your situation in 2013 and then select the months that were affected by this exception.

If more than one exception applies to your situation in the year, click on "Add another" to generate another field, and then check again the months that were affected by the other exception.

Just tried, by changing his address to Quebec, "Quebec drug insurance plan" appared on the page “Quikclik Navigator”, but we lost all the forms for reporting taxes of Ontario. My son is 2nd year`s student at University of Waterloo.

How can I do in this case? 

Appreciate a lot for your advice.

Thank you very much for your response.

The problem is he resided in Ontario on December 31st of the tax year. I’ve asked the accounting here for the question and was told he must report for Quebec Revenue as he is our dependant.

But, on other hand, as he is a student at Waterloo University, his T2202A and T4 all from Ontario, his taxes report of federal is combined with Ontario and can’t be changed for Quebec, I tried.

Anyway, I decide to do his report provincial (Quebec) manually to fit both federal and provincial requirement. I don’t if somebody else has the same problem?