Français
Sign in to follow this  
martin0921

Received NR4 slip - how can I file it?

Hi

I recently moved to Europe, and I had a portion of my RRSP cashed in.

Since I am not resident anymore, the financial institution deducted the "tax withheld".

Now I got an NR4, which I would like to file to get some of the tax back, but I don't know where/how to enter it in UFILE.

I read some threads about filing it in "Rental income", but it is not really a rental income. It is basically an RRSP income.

Does anybody know how to file it properly in UFile?

Thanks!

Enter it as if i's a T4RSP slip.

If you withdrew funds from your RRSP during the tax year, you should have received a T4RSP slip indicating the amount of the withdrawal.

To enter your RRSP withdrawal, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" on the left side of the screen, select "Interview setup".

2- In the "Income" section on the right side of the page, check the box for "Pension income, T4A, split pension income" and click on "Next" at the bottom of page.

3- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and select "Pension income, T4A, split pension".

4- On the screen to your right, choose the option "T4RSP - Income from Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RL-2)".

5- Enter the information regarding your T4RSP slip.

The program will carry the amount over to line 129 of the federal return and, for Quebec residents, to line 154 of the Quebec return with code 06 displayed on line 153.

For more information on premature withdrawal of RRSP, please consult the following CRA link:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/rrsp-reer/wthdrwls/menu-eng.html