Français

Unable to delete information on form

jdbutler

I receive the error message below:

I had entered some information mistakenly (it should not have been entered as 048 but instead 028)- I went back and deleted the T4A forms and reentered the information correctly.  But it is still giving me the information above.  Is there another way to delete that information?

Thanks for any help out there!

You have received a T4A slip with an amount entered in Box 028, because you have received other assistance.

To report this amount, in the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, select "Pension income, T4A, split pension". On the page to the right, select "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

You must enter the amount in the section "Other information". In the drop-down menu, choose the line "Other assistance".

If the amount in Box O of the RL-1 differs from the amount shown on the T4A slip, click on the "Maple Leaf/Fleur de Lys" icon of the corresponding box and a new box will be displayed where you can enter the amount for Quebec. This box will only be displayed if you have entered the federal amount first.

The amount will be transferred to line 130 of the federal return and line 154 in the Quebec return.

Thank you for your response.  Yes, I did what you said above and corrected my original entry.  The problem is that even with the corrections, when I exit the interview and go to the results, it is still telling me the error message above - even though I do not have any amount in the T4A box 048.  Somehow ufile thinks I have information on those lines when I have already deleted them.  How can I delete that information? -- As I mentioned in my original post, I have even deleted all T4As and reentered them and I am still receiving the same error message.  Any help you can give would be amazing!

You have received a T4A slip with an amount in box 048, for the professional fees you earned. It should be noted that this amount does not include taxes.

To enter this amount in the program, follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator" located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Pension income, T4A, split pension".

2- On the page appearing on the right, select "T4A - Pension, retirement, annuity, and other income".

3- On the newly generated page, enter the amount from box 048 of the T4A slip on the line "Box 048 - fees for services (report this amount as a T2125 - Business or Professional income)".

4- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Interview setup".

5- On the page appearing on the right, select "Self-employed business income" and click "Next".

6- In the "QuikClik Navigator", click on the line "Self-employment income" and, on the page appearing on the right, select either "T2125 - Business income" or "T2125 - Professional income" .

7- On the page "T2125 - Business identification", enter the name of the business on the line "Name of the professional business (or your own name if the business does not have one)", then enter the other information in the required fields marked with a red asterisk.

8- In the field for "6-digit code from the North American industry classification system", enter the code that best describes your industry. If you do not know the code, click on the tool tip (the question mark) (?) on the right-hand side of the box to get it.

9- On the next page, "Professional income and expenses", enter $0.00 for the line "Gross professional fees including work-in-progress (WIP) and GST/HST collected or collectible" and enter the amount of box 048 of the T4A on the line "Fees for services (T4A Box 048)". If you have expenses, enter them in the boxes corresponding to their description.

10- For expenses, if your company is registered for the GST and HST (QST), these expenses must be entered before taxes to reflect the ITRs and ITCs you claimed.

The amount will be reported on lines 162 or 164 and 135 or 137 of the federal return. If applicable, this amount will also appear on line 154 of the Quebec return as well as line 25 of Quebec Schedule L. The program will also generate federal form T2125, as well as Quebec form TP-80 if required.

Okay - thank you again - thorough response, but, again, not applicable to my situation.  I am sorry for the back and forth - frustrating for all of us (you and me) I am sure.  Please let me clarify once again:

• My T4A form only has an amount in box 028 -- NOT 048
  • I was confused and mistakenly entered it on 048
  • After I realized this mistake when getting the error message at the results section I went back and changed it from the 048 box to the 028 box as it should be (again, it is listed as 028 on my form).
  • When I completed the interview and went to Results the second time, it still showed me the error message: The amount in T4A box 048 must also be reported as T2125 business income. Even though there was no longer any amount in box 048
  • I have been trying to file, but this error message prevents me from filing.
  • The program seems to think that I have an amount in a 048 box even though there is no amount in the Interview. (I even went so far as to delete all of my T4As and re-enter them).  
  • I am looking for a way to remove this error message in order to file

Again, I hope that clarifies my situation.  Please let me know if you need any clarification.  Thanks for your time!