Français
scratch

Import spouse data

I have used UFILE for a number of years and have seperate files for myself and my wife. Import of data from previous works fine in this way.

This year I would like to combine our returns as a family so I can share the donations and pension splitting. So I have my return and I am the primary family member then I create a family member and add my wife. Once I am in my wifes return and try to import her data from last year it actually creates another seperate profile with her as primay family member.

If this can not be done. Is there a way I can optomize her donations from her individual return with mine? I've tried this and it does not seem to work.

So if this is all imposible except for doing it manually how do I get the carrry forward amountsfrom the 2012 tax return to the 2013 tax return.

In order to carry forward your 2012 tax return prepared with UFile for Windows 2012 to UFile for Windows 2013, please follow these steps:

1. Run UFile and click on "Carry forward a 2012 tax file".
2. Under "Select the type of file to import", check "2012 UFile or ImpôtExpert tax file (.U12)".
3. Click the yellow folder and browse to your *.u12 file.
4. Click "Open" after you locate the file.
5. Click "Continue".
6. Click "Continue" again.
7. Click "OK".

NOTE: It is very important that you browse to find your file. This will ensure that both the name and location of the file are correct. You cannot just enter the name of the file. UFile also needs to know where on your computer the file is located. By browsing, you will ensure that this information is correct.

UFile will open and your tax information will be carried forward into the 2013 tax year.

Yes thanks I understand how to do it automatically. But I won't be able to do this for my spouse because I am added her manually as in first post therefore I have to do it manually somehow, and I rally do not know how.