Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lulechen

Import last year's online data into this year's windows version

Hi, 

I used the online version to file the last year's tax return. But for this year, I found the windows version is cheaper than the online version. Therefore I am thinking to switch to windows version from the online one. My question is is it possible to export my last year's data from the online version and then import the data into this year's windows version. 

Thanks for your help,

Lule

OK, I guess I have to do it manually as I don't want to be locked in the online version, in case if you increase the price again next year. It's totally contrary to my expectation that the online version is more expensive than the standalone windows version, which does not make any sense to me.

I agree that the online version should be less expensive than the windows version. But since it isn't I am also forced to enter past data.

Is ther a list somewhere of what data needs to be entered manually?

The data can be found on your last notice of assessment. If you are having problems distinguishing which amounts should be carried forward, please send us a copy of the notice to support@ufile.ca. We will gladly point out what is pertinent. Thank you.

Hi all,

Last year I prepared my taxes using Ufile online, and the file was saved as .tax, today I bought the windows version to prepare 4 tax returns, and it clearly mentions that u can import data from ufile online files, but when I try to import it I cannot do it because the file is .tax and not .u12, so how can I import my information?

I have been filing my tax using ufile online since 2003, but now I am preparing taxes for some family members, that is the reason I decided to buy the software and downloaded it to my computer, thinking that I could transfer my information to the new file, but it seems like I cannot, if that is the case, why do you add the service when is not possible to do it?

Unfortunately, there is no automated tool which can transfer data from our web application to our windows application.  You will need to enter the data in manually. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Once it is done for the first year, you will be able to carry the data forward automatically from year to year.