Français
Sign in to follow this  
sheny

CCA results

I bought a house for rental last year. By calculating the CCA, I selected application of the half year rule. But the result shows the deducted value is 4% of the original value. I think it should be 50% of this value (2%) for the first year ?

How can correct this error ?

Thank you.

If you have a depreciable property in a rental, business or farming statement, UFile will claim the maximum possible Capital Cost Allowance (CCA) automatically.

If you want to limit the amount of CCA or depreciation on a specific type of property, follow these steps:

1- Go into the depreciable property page you have already entered in your rental, business, or farming statement. This page should be located in your "QuikClik Navigator" (left-hand menu).

2- At the bottom of this entry page, enter the amount of CCA or depreciation you want to claim at "Limit to the CCA or the CECA of this class".

Note: Even if you indicate a CCA or depreciation amount higher than the yearly maximum, UFile will limit your to that maximum.

If you have any other questions on this topic, please reply to this e-mail.