Français
ehaataja

NR4 trust income how do I report?

Hello. I am a Canadian who moved out of country in September so I was NOT considered a non resident the entire year of 2013. I have two NR4s from trust income code 11 that I need to include in my taxes but I'm at a loss as to how. Can anybody help? The forms would normally come to me as T3s I think. Thanks a bunch!

First indicate that you emigrated during the tax year, to do so 

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "Interview setup".

2- Then, on the page appearing on the right, select "Immigrant, emigrant or non resident taxpayer" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

3- Back in the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Immigrant, emigrant non-resident".

4- Then, on the right-hand side, choose the option "You emigrated from Canada in 2013". Credits will be prorated by the number of days spent in Canada during the year.

Once you indicated that you residency status changed during the tax year, to record your trust income, please follow the steps below:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, select the item "Interest/investment income".

2- In the screen on the right, select as appropriate "T3 - Trust income (RL-16)"

I also suggest to contact CRA at1-800-959-8281 to identify your residency status, that you can indicate in your tax return. 

Depending on the information contained in the NR4, it can be either T3 or T5.

Since you are saying that the information in your NR4 replicates that of your T3 - Trust Income, you need to use T3 - Trust Income.