azernov

T4 box 81 and HST

I am self-employed.  I have T4 from placement agency. Box 81 of T4
contains all what the agency paid me not including HST. I can enter this
amount on UFILE T2125-BUSINESS form line <Placement or employment agency
workers (T4 Box 81)>. However the field <Gross sales, commissions or fees>
is mandatory. Should I enter my collected HST into this field? I am
using Quick Method for HST calculation.

Similar problem here.....T4 with box 81 and box 22 income tax deducted but nothing in box 14.

I get "The pensionable earnings entered for a T4 exceed the amount of T4 income" in the result.

What to do???

To enter the amount displayed in Box 81 of your T4 slip, you must follow these steps:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand side of the screen, click on "T4 and employment income".

2- On the right-hand side of the screen, select among the first two options ("T4 and Rl-1 (Relevé 1) income earned in Quebec" or "T4 income earned outside Quebec") the one that applies to your situation. Enter the information shown on your T4 in the appropriate boxes.

3- Go to the bottom of the "T4 slip income" page, and in the last section "Other information", select "Memo Box 81/29=11 Placement or employment agency workers" from the drop-down menu and enter the amount in the field.

Once you have followed the steps above, you must also enter box 81 of the T4 as business income. In order to do so, please follow these steps:

1- Return to the "QuikClik Navigator" and click on "Interview setup". On the right-hand side page, select "Self-employed business income" and click "Next" at the bottom of this page.

2- Click on the line "Self-employment income" that appears in the "QuikClik Navigator" and select one of the T2125 forms on the right side of the screen that best represents your business. As a rule, you should choose "T2125 - Business income".

3- On the "Business identification" page, enter your full name at the line "Business name" and enter the other mandatory information in the sections marked with a red asterisk.

4- For the line "6-digit code from the North American industry classification system", enter the code that best describes your industry. If you do not know the code, click on the help button (?) located on the right side of the box to access a list of the codes.

5- In "Income, expenses", enter $0 on the line "Gross sales, commissions or fees" and enter the amount in Box 81 on the line for "Placement or employment agency workers (T4 box 81)". If you have any expenses related to this income, fill out the boxes according to each description.

The program will generate federal form T2125 and, if applicable, Quebec Schedule M as well as form TP-80.

Thank you Elvira,

I did all this but in the Result it still says "The pensionable earnings entered for a T4 exceed the amount of T4 income".

On the T4 I have only amounts in:

Box 17 and Box 18...both 0$

Box 22 and RL1 box E and

Box 81/29

Whats wrong?

I am not self employed, but T4  has income on Box 81 and nothing in box 14 from the placement agency. When I try to file my income, it does not include box 81 for total income. Where do I post this income from box 81 so it gets included as income?

T4 slip - Box 81 - Placement or employment agency worker

You have received a T4 slip with an amount displayed in Box 81 for income earned as a placement or employment agency worker.

To report this amount, you must follow these steps:

1- In the "QuikClik Navigator", located on the left-hand menu, click on "T4 and employment income".

2- Then, on the page appearing on the right, select one of the first two options ("T4 and RL-1 income earned in Quebec" or "T4 income earned outside Quebec") and enter the information shown on your T4 in the appropriate boxes.

3- At the bottom of the "T4 slip income" page, in the last section "T4 footnotes - miscellaneous items recorded on T4 slips", select "Memo Box 81/29 = 11 Placement or employment agency workers" from the drop-down menu and enter the amount in the field. Do not forget to enter the amounts from Box 24 and Box 26 of your T4 slip.

4- Back in the "QuikClik Navigator", click on "Interview setup" and, on the right-hand side of the page, check the box for "Self-employed business income" and click "Next" at the bottom of the page.

5 - In the "QuikClik Navigator", click on the line "Self-employment income" and select the option "T2125 - Business income" on the page appearing to the right.

6 - On the "Business identification" page, enter your full name in the field for "Business name" and enter the required information in the sections marked with a red asterisk.

7- For the field "6-digit code from the North American industry classification system", enter the code that best describes your industry. If you do not know the code, click the Help button (the circled question mark (?)) on the right side of the box to obtain it.

8- In the "Income, expenses" page, enter $ 0 for the line "Gross sales, commissions or fees" and enter the amount from Box 81 in the field for "Income entered in a T4 page (one of Boxes 78, 81, 82 or 83)". If you have any expenses related to this income, fill out the boxes according to each description.

The amount will be carried over to line 135 of the federal return and, if applicable, to line 154 of the Quebec return, as well as line 22 of Quebec Schedule L. The program will also generate federal form T2125, as well as Quebec form TP-80 if needed.